Followers

Friday, July 22, 2022

UNDER THE SEA PREP..

 Hello everyone,

Been doing a lot of prep for masculine under the sea cards as requested by customer...she wants three the same but different, bless her, yes her again..same but different..oh,gravy!!


So no real biggie, I love making masculine and I love anything to do with the sea...or under it.


First off, I had to die cut my fishing boat, and it a real bum, as it just needs so much pressure to cut right through..bits pop out when you don't want then too and the bits you do don't..


Anyway, got it..and sprayed it with distress inks,
 two of them, Vintage Photo first and then Frayed Burlap..


Then added Mica spray, Tarnished Brass..


played around quite a bit...


and watching at the same time a background that maybe developing..


And it did...
 with the help of the new Distress spray Uncharted Mariner,
 a lovely navyish blue..so one done..


Then the anchors turn, several cuts, glued together, then treated with sprays...


The ships wheel and a barrel were next..
same thing, cut a few and layered them up..


Sprayed with browns and a bit of blue..


And a nice soggy background, BUT, then 



I flipped it and I like the back too..oh, dear, more choices..


At least the barrel and the wheel were done..


Seaweed flowers next and in came Fired Brick and Forest Moss..


Pretty good...


Better....


Hard to tell in this photo or any of the photos, the red just didn't show, but IRL
it did..


And there they are all together...background, 1,2,3,and a half!!
and all my die cuts all thick and sprayed and looking old and rustic like they have been under the sea for a loooong time, well, I hope so.

I'll be back tomorrow with project one..see you then..

Thanks so much for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx

And while I'm here..
pretty chuffed..







 









8 comments:

Janette said...

Ohhhh can I wait!!!!!!!! I suppose I will have to but wow its very exciting stuff.....:)) Congrats on the wins too Chrissy.xx

Chris said...

Chrissy, your nautical elements look amazing- especially the fishing boat, you're a magician with those sprays and inks! Looking forward to the finished cards!
xx

Conniecrafter said...

Love how you did the ship, so cool!

Margreet said...

Love how you spray such beautiful backgrounds. The boat, anchors, barrels etc all look wonderful.
Congrats on winning!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Lots of wonderful prep work here and fun sea themed elements Chrissy!! I'm looking forward to catching your project with these!! Happy crafting!

crafty-stamper said...

Loving all the prep and congrats on the wins
Carol x

pinky said...

You are so good showing us your steps Chrissy, like going to a craft class!! I think your customer came to the right person for her cards!!

Brenda said...

Love the process and glad I don't have to wait...on to the next post.