Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2022

BIRDS ON A BRANCH..DT

 Hello everyone,

Another challenge for As you like it is up and this fortnight Wilma is our hostess, and the theme for her is...

Your favourite...Fur, Feathers, or Scales.. and don't forget to tell us why..

For my projects I went with Feathers...I know, you would have thought my cat, but I really favour birds..I had a bird called  Monty for 23 years and he talked and chatted and wolf whistled and sang songs, he was great..so this is really a memory of Monty..


Die cutting first..


All those tiny leaves glued down one at a time on my branches..


Inked up the cloudy sky and added die cut puffy clouds...


Bird nest already with the eggs..


My tray of goodness already to assemble and all coloured up with markers..


And away we went..




I chose a slimline card as I had an idea to layer up, I saw this design somewhere,
 and so sorry I forgot where..


So three tiers of birdies and a sweet sentiment stamp from my stash....


I really like this card and had lots of fun making it..




And there we go..three tiers of birds and I'm sure
Monty would have loved that..

He used to talk to the birds outside and ask..
"what you doin' ..over and over.





"

So there we go, bring your favourites over, and tell us why..

thanks so much for stopping by...
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Passion for Markers  [Something beginning with B]






12 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy, love the scene you created and the story of Monty is so sweet.xx

Chris said...

Awww, your Monty sounds as if he was a real character and an entertaining companion. When I was a child a friend of my Mum's had a parrot- it swore like a trooper and I'm sure she taught it to bite kids! I was terrified of it!
Your card is gorgeous, love all the layering, the sweet birds and lovely sentiment.
xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with the three tiers of birds. Those leaves must have been quite a job, but the result is gorgeous. Great hommage to Monty.
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic creation Chrissy you have built a wonderful scene I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

A fabulous card Chrissy and I loved hearing about Monty. You've changed my mind about feathers!! xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just gorgeous, great background and the birds are so pretty, love the nest too!
Wow 23 years, the longest I have had a cat was 18 years.

*Vicki* said...

I'm with you on the birds! I absolutely love watching birds and hearing their songs! You've made a wonderful slimline scene along with the bottom branch and the nest! Really great card and yes, Monty would love that I'm sure!! LOL

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautifully designed card, I love the DL shape and cute little birds. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine

pinky said...

Monty sounds like a right companion Chrissy!! I love your card, such a gorgeous birdie scene!

Elaine Stark said...

A brilliant design of card. I love the cute birds and your fabulous clouds. Elaine

Julie said...

Just fabulous as always, Chrissy - you get such great depth with your cards! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

Brenda said...

I can only imagine how your Monty and my Gonzo (a very talkative double yellow headed parrot) would have carried on together. I love your sweet card, not a detail left unturned and that sentiment is perfect.