Followers

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

WANDERED OFF THE SUBJECT..

 Hello everyone,

The fence is coming along, but ran out of paint, now I have spent all my pennies so have to save up for a couple weeks so I can buy some more of that, meanwhile I started a project and sort of wandered off into another direction.


These boxes, I get my glue and sprays etc sent to me, and are the perfect size for painting and altering and even the flaps off the box make neat bookmarks or tags..


So I cut the flaps off..


and now a neat square box..


Then painted it with gesso, roughly for an undercoat..


Then side stepped and started painted the flaps, seen I was there with a brush..had
an idea, so fished out my Steampunk papers and scraps..



Also did a bit of die cutting, the globe,


and glue scraps all over the place..


Then chose a few focal points...this one, the balloon and cogs.


The world globe..


some more cogs and this gentleman..


Until I had four tags..


Added paper on the back and punched holes..


Threaded string through the holes..but they were flat.


So started inking and stenciling them up for a lift..


and splattered them..


Then I was happy..

The box?..

I have no idea, it is not in here, I'm sure I never finished it, but time will tell..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...


Creative Fingers   [anything goes]




11 comments:

Margreet said...

I'm impressed by your fab tags. You're a queen in re-using boxes. I just tear them in pieces and throw them away.
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Too funny what you did with the box. Love the beautiful steampunk tags, and hope you can soon carry on with your fence! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

I love these Chrissy, a good old splash around always lifts a creation, and its fun so win win....
I wonder whats happened to the box, a mystery, lets hope it turns up looking stunning !!!!.xxxx

Chris said...

Fantastic steampunk tags Chrissy- lovely to see them emerge step by step! Wonder what happened to the box!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and fab tags you have made really vintage Chrissy

gr karin

jimlynn said...

To think these beautiful tags were nothing but flaps on a box. Amazing! They're gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you do with the box now.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

WOW these look brilliant chrissy love the Steampunk theme and splatters-brilliant!I save the boxes my daughter gets her trays of cat food in they are quite sturdy and I cut these up -but then use them to clean the cat litter trays out lol -that will have to change!
Carol x

Brenda said...

Amazing trash to treasure story. As for the box, I reckon it will re-emerge like a beautiful butterfly from its cocoon.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous side tracking! Your tags are really awesome.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chrissy! Your tags look stunning! I love the steampunk design with the images and gears! The splattering and texture work out wonderfully with the theme too! I know you'll come up with something really cool with that box!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow those are so cool, I just love those papers and images and you have put them together so neat. The splattering tops them off nicely!!