Followers

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

A COUPLE OF TAGS..

 Hello everyone,

Tuesday morning where I am and we had the most wicked thunder and lightening last night and a downpour like you wouldn't believe......then it stopped, just like that, and this morning it is really cold..

[ she says sitting here with the door open]...but it is..it just has to be a lot colder for me to put a heater on.

So, today I'm sharing a couple of tags that I made on Friday I think..


These sheets of papers were an A4 that I used as an over spray catcher..


I love the colours, so cut the sheet, then had two, put them in my backgrounds basket,
 now I'm using them.. and after gluing them onto white card for stability, trimming and clipping the corners, they were ready to go..


My turtle shell die cut on leftover sprayed card I made..


His body too, die cut and embossed.


Time for some smooshing, I want my things to look old..


And now they do..
what fun it is to smoosh, it comes out different everytime.


The lighthouses made me very happy with their colours..


I loved the turtles too, gave them a little dip in my liquid mess..


Now the anchors were okay, BUT, they were cut with a matt foil and the smooshed inks didn't want to stick, they would eventually, but I'm not good at waiting..


So I had a neat idea to clear embossing them, carefully, and I thought I was, but, I used white instead, didn't read the label,,oh dear, most the ink disappeared so I dipped them onto left over ink while still hot and pressed then down...


and ended up with a very cool feel, look and colour..
you can see the impression in the ink where some of them embossing sort off came off.


Moving on..seagulls getting glued on..


Then made my clusters to stick on using the netting, lighthouse, turtle and anchor..
after that added the shells and straws all inked up..


This tiny piece of sea sponge was caught in the nett and I pulled in half then just had to use it..




So it got poked right in there at the bottom..



And there we have two tags for the price of one..
What a great day that was, I love nautical stuff..
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Tag Tuesday   [Nautical]


Use your Stuff   [anything goes]

Classic Design   [anything goes]












...

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Oh my word your nautical scenes are always amazing and your step by step so informative.. stunning xx

Margreet said...

2 beautiful nautical tags, Chrissy. Love to see the making of and that turtle is a darling.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Beautiful tags Chrissy- love how you age your 'stuff' the results are wonderful!
xx

Janette said...

I LOVE these, gorgeous tags, love every little thing you added, they are stunning Chrissy.xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW these are brilliant Chrissy and you never cease to amaze me with your selection of dies-brilliant.
Carol x
These would be perfect for the No Cards challenge at Crafting FRom the Heart-they are back and this is the 1st challenge
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Chrissy, these are more than gorgeous. I like how you made the bits and bobs look a bit corroded, really fantastic! thanks so much for linking to Sandie's challenge at AJJ, much appreciated. And where's the cat today?? Hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

OMG! Absolutely fantastic work. Happy Tuesday

Much💚love

Conniecrafter said...

very cool background you had for your great scene, your smooshing turned out great, the anchor ended up coming out pretty cool, great when mistakes work out :)

jimlynn said...

With everything you did with the anchors made them look so real! Amazing! Love those little turtles and their cute shells. Fabulous tags!
lynn

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great tags Chrissy

gr karin

Pia S said...

I love the aged look you've given all these elements and I love the nautical theme.

Sandra Wright. said...

Beautifully crafted Tags, everything about them screams Nautical, I love them.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love seeing how you put things together Chrissy, these are amazing tags.
Faith x

Haven_mom4 said...

Wow, I love all the textures on your tags. Thanks for sharing with us at USe your Stuff

Brenda said...

Amazing! I love the tags, but that anchor and the sponge! What beauties!