Followers

Thursday, June 15, 2023

THE POWER OF LOVE..DT

 Hello everyone,

I'm back and sharing this time my project for LITTLE RED WAGON  where the lovely Shanni is hostess with the theme..The Power of Love - Love ATG

So, I went big..


Beautiful serviettes glued down onto 12 x12 cardstock..


Die cut book pages..


and destroyed my phone book for the love of craft..


Glue these pages onto card stock.


Then die cut one size smaller..


and kept on going until I had enough and nearly too many.


Inked around all the edges..



  Until I had all my bits together..


Used this strange colour card stock for the box edge trims and matting,
 but it worked.


Also for the leaf veins.


Glue the page centers together and curled the edges..
and also added dimension foam in between to hold the pages up.


I made a deeper box than normal as the card was quite dimensional..


There she is nestled inside..


with fully loaded lid too..


The books dimension..


and the flowers, they were all inked edged too.


Little bird..


The die cut "With Love", glued only on the ends and hovering there.


A little birds egg..


And there she is..done.

So do come and join us



Thank you so much for stopping by.
I'll be back, yet again with another DT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafting Happiness challenge   [anything goes]

Use Your Stuff   [Flowers]

Daring Cardmakers  [everything coming up Roses]




20 comments:

Janette said...

How can you be on Thursday already !!! its wednesday afternoon still here and I am still laughing about your last post :))
This is adorable, such a beautiful card Chrissy, have you just bought the book dies or have you had them awhile. I never did buy them but now after seeing this I could be tempted, its gorgeous.xx

Margreet said...

Great use of your phone book. You've created a gorgeous booklet with it. It looks very real. Great flowers and a lovely bird. All in a fab box!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

An absolutely stunning card with the dimensional flowers and the sweet bird on top! The floral papers are just gorgeous and so is the coordinating box that you've made for this set! Lovely details my friend!

jimlynn said...

Both inside and out - another jaw dropping sensational project. WOW! Love all the dimension on your "love" project.
Lynn

Chris said...

Wow!! I'm so impressed with what you can do with serviettes and a telephone directory a very beautiful card and box.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely amazing! You are the best! Hugs, Valerie

Paperesse said...

Oh, my Chrissy, you definitely nailed the theme!!! This is a stunning card and box!!! It is truly LOVE-ly in every way!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely stunning Chrissy !!!!!!! Love the layered book pages-I have a Glitter Girls book board but never thought of useing book pages-brilliant idea.Beautiful flowers and matching box-love the serviettes too
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

wowow stunning and love how you described how you make this design.. beautiful everything.. x

Dawn said...

WOW and WOW. This is just absolutely stunning. I love it. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever lovely, I like the look of a book and great recycle job using the phone book, I use mine to press flowers :) I love the little birdie on top and your flower arranging is so lovely!

Angelnorth said...

Lots of lovely detail and dimension here, a beautifully feminine card and perfect for our roses challenge — thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is stunning Chrissy fab and looking great.

gr karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is stunning Chrissy great job

gr karin

Doni High said...

Oh my goodness Chrissy, I think you have outdone yourself! Lucky is the person who will receive this awesome gift. It's beautiful.

Imke said...

As always amazing project, Chrissy. Great take with using old book pages.I am interesting how long does it take to finish such a project ?

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Sarah said...

Um...lost for words here!! MAGNIFICENT!! That will do!! xx

Kate said...

Chrissy!!! This is jaw-dropping spectacular!! The details are stunning and I'm just blown away with what you've done with a phone book!! Wow!!

JanR said...

Fantastic project, Chrissy! Loving all the inking and distress, so pretty!

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful work of art! Your attention to detail is amazing.