Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

SMILING FLOWERS..

 Hello everyone,

If I didn't know any better, I would say that I'm in heavy Autumn, except there are very cold little blossoms on my tree, as the weather here is crazy..it is blowing and raining and wet, and cold, and Holly is not happy, her outside dirt box is wet, even the neighbors dirt is damp so she gets very wet when it is tinkle time..

Onto a happy time, with a happy flower, sunflowers..


I cut and coloured and layer the flower up..


See..


then added the center, but wanted more..


So I coloured it deeply with brown markers..



Then the flowers were too light for me so added extra colour onto those..


used a stem from another set..


and thought about using the five...


flipped my base and went with two..maybe.


Flipped again went with three...nope.


So while making the final decision which took 3 days,
I started on the background with these wonderful papers.. 


Needed dark brown hearts..and
 coloured them black because they dry back quite a bit.


So all my bits together, time for gluing..


Die cut and embossed these cute fences with a gate..


added the hearts..



Then started adding black Nuvo drops for the sunflower seeds..


one little dot at a time, and learned my lesson by letting them dry in between as the blighters can run together if too close.


But it all went well and DONE!..
made it into a happy birthday card..

so there you go,
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

FarmQuest General Store  [anything farm country theme]

Crafting Happiness Challenge   [anything goes]

Dragonfly Dreams  [Happy Birthday]

Hearts Quest challenge   [Autumn/Fall Season]



20 comments:

Dawn T said...

Such a happy flower Chrissy. Your sunflowers are so beautiful

aussie aNNie said...

Happy happy flowers and what gorgeous result on your card, you are amazing .. xx

Janette said...

What a gorgeous 'happy' card design. I think all the messing about paid off Chrissy and the result is one beautiful card.
Sorry your spingtime is not playing fair, sadly the rest of the world is in the same boat, its all crazy but I really hope it picks up soon for you and Holly :)) xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I always marvel at how your tags and cards come together! Poor Holly, cold wet weather is not for cats! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

You have gone the extra mile with these stunning sunflowers Chrissy, even adding seeds!!! The result is wonderful, love the finished card.
The seasons are so weird now, we never know what to expect any more, hope you get some sunshine and warmer days soon,
xx

jimlynn said...

Loving those big bold beautiful sunflowers - and the fencing too! Fantastic!
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Chrissy those Sunflowers look amazing and so detailed I love how you textured the centre then added the little dots you must be one very patient crafter, lol, the papers are perfect so is the fence I LOVE it
hugs
lorraine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fantastic and very beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

Margreet said...

Stunning result of the sunflowers with all those small dots in the heart. The fence is gorgeous.
xxx Margreet

Becca S said...

Chrissy: I absolutely adore this!!! FQCB is getting ready to have a sunflowers theme! Thanks for delivering to the general store (FQGS)!!! I love your enthusiasm! And I'll share that another of my blogs called Heart's Quest challenge blog has an autumn season (with heart/love included) theme that expires in about 7 hours for my time zone. If you read my response within this timeframe, quickly get your sunflower and fence scene card posted over there! Excellent card! I love how those little hearts are scattered! --Becca

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are just gorgeous, lovely job with the shading and I love the little hearts with them. Oh my I can't imagine putting all those nuvo drops on but it does look great! Such pretty papers to compliment the flowers and love the fence with it!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Chrissy: Thanks so much for adding to Heart's Quest!!! Each time I look at your card I'm seeing new details like the sunflower seeds/Nuvo drops!!! I love this autumn countryside scene with the scattered hearts! Perfect for HQCB! --Becca

Brenda said...

Beautiful! I love the way you have colored the sunflowers.

*Vicki* said...

Your sunflowers are so textured, and layered with dimension! Really beautiful card with lots of lovely details! Have a wonderful week my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really do have the patience of Job, to add all those dots onto the sunflower centres. Gorgeous dies, beautifully coloured, with a fab background and beautiful hearts.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy and love the beautiful sunflowers
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Ooops also meant to say-Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

Stunning sunflowers!! You must have the patience of a saint to dot all those blobs!! Poor Holly puss xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Beautiful craftmanship on these lovely Ukranian sunflowers. Your work was perfection. Thanks so much for joining this time at the Dragonfly dreams Challenge

Lisa said...

Gorgeous sunflowers and great die cuts for your cute floral garden.