Followers

Monday, October 30, 2023

BORED YET?..CHRISTMAS #7

 Hello everyone,

Every now and then I get lost, I stand here in my room and ponder what to do next, I have to do something everyday, it my retirement rules..lol.. but sometimes a card is not going to cut the mustard and I'm not that good at doing projects if there is the slightest bit of difficulty.

So, I had this box stashed away and was going to use it as a cover for another box I had made for postage but it was a fraction small, so I cut it!.


and when I pressed it close flat, so I made a pop up Winter card box..


I cut these strips to add stuff to and they were as crooked as a dogs hind leg
but I kept going.


This photo ended up upside down, don't know how I did that, just clever I guess..
anyway, I added snow banks around all the edges.



Went into left over trays and found a mixture of trees..


Then freaked myself out looking at this photo wondering how the heck was it floating.....


and this one...


and here...
then remembered I was holding to top up part with my fingers...sheez..


So, snowbanks and trees everywhere..


Then found gold deer, why not, so cut quite a few more..


And inked the edges of my trees with white ink and


started to add the Deer


little ones too..


and lots of trees on those flap things inside..
splatters and punched snowflakes


and it stands up..


and I'm happy with it..crooked or not.


Final photo..done!
I may even make another one, one day..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx








10 comments:

Janette said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, love these you know, they are always a winner for me. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

again a fab layout and very beautiful box card Chrissy

gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fantastic, you are undisputed the Queen of Cards! Have a great, new week, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

You do make me laugh but saying that I have a pop-up card all cut out for over a year and still flat in the drawer!!! Love all the trees,splatters and gold deer.
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

Great idea to use the box as a pop up card, I love the touch the gold deer give to it, pretty layering of the trees too, Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! You always amaze me with how you're able to see something in an everyday object and turn it into something you see in your head! I love the way this has turned out and how fun to be able to get into your room and create like this! Retirement can give you the free time to do fun things! Enjoy it and thanks for sharing these wonderful projects!

Chris said...

A magical winter woodland in a box- it's fabulous Chrissy, what a way to transform a cardboard box! xx

Margreet said...

Clever card in a box! Love the making of....
xxx Margreet

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! A magical scene and 3D too, it's fabulous Chrissy.
Faith x

coldwaters2 said...

Exceptionally beautiful pop up creation Chrissy I am just plain gobsmacked at your work I wish I could come up with something like this outstanding work
hugs
lorraine x