Followers

Friday, December 1, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 29

 Hello everyone,

We are up to Christmas cards # 29 and one to go...

This time I have a shaker, and a bird, and red, and green..

The frames I had made for the last few cards, never really were the right size for the cards.



 I should have used the smaller dies, but I'm greedy and wanted lots
of space to fill and shake, but have learned my lesson and won't
do that again, as it makes all the cards look the same and not quite balanced.

First background behind frame, plaid....nope



Never mind, waste not want not, I carried on and using leftover papers
for behind the frame...nope.


Even tried a see through..


Nope..


Finally settled with the txt paper and embossed the green panel..


The best Christmas sentiment die ever..in white.


and my favourite little bird die...
easy to put together and nothing so small I need a magnifying glass to find the bits.
Then nestled him among the branches and berries and a little bit of holly..



And all done..

This one shakes really loud and well.

S,o there you go, one left for tomorrow.

Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Cards 4 Guys   [ Festive Creatures]
 
The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge  [anything christmas goes]

Try it on Tuesday    [ Traditional Christmas]



18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic shaker Christmas card love the gorgous way you placed the robin too xx

Janette said...

Lovely card Chrissy. xx

Chris said...

It's a beautiful traditional card in lovely red and green, a sweet robin, the foliage and berries are gorgeous- I think you made a great choice with the backing paper.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the robin. There was one on my balcony yesterday. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

After some struggling you managed to create another gorgeous shaker card. Love that bird!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful shaker card and love the little die-cut bird-I loved all the papers you tried too.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

*Vicki* said...

I actually liked ALL of the options you showed with the shaker! LOL I really adore it with that sweet bird over top though! Really love that! Good for you on #29 Christmas card!! I'm not sure where exactly I'm at! LOL

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is a sweet birdie, I love the details in his wing, so pretty perched on the branch with holly. I do like the text behind the shaker, and the embossing behind your sentiment!

Sarah said...

Traditional colours and a lovely robin make for a perfect Christmas card Chrissy and shakey shakey jazzes it up!! xx

Dawn Phillips said...

My dad loved birds of all sorts. This would have been perfect for him. It's so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

dj said...

A lovely Christmas card for a bird lover!! My father-in-law would have loved this!! Such a fantastic card for our "Festive Creatures" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Your shaker card with that detailed birdie makes for a true masculine card which is part of our challenge...making cards for guyz!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G336

My name is Erika. said...

What a great shaker card Chrissy. I love the little bird too. What is it about Christmas and birds that work so well together. Thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

pinky said...

Absolutely adorable and who won't want a go at shaking up that little bird's feathers!

Brenda said...

Such a cool card, Chrissy. I love traditional colors and that sweet little birdie.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic shaker card and lovely robin image. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Jolanda Johnstone said...

All that pushing paper about...the creative process in action. The result is delightful. Love you card Chrissy and the Bird is a perfect choice for a festive creature. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Pia S said...

How fun and festive and who can resist a shake card? Feels very traditional, which I appreciate. So fun to see your card in the Try it on Tuesday gallery!