Followers

Saturday, December 2, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 30

 Hello everyone,

Well, we reach 30, not counting the DT bits and bobs which were Christmas, and not counting all the overseas ones I made and sent out, and not counting the tags and cards with boxes for family and friends..

I've been soooo busy but having a wonderful time...


These flowers [ poinsettias] were what I made two or three weeks ago and just been sitting in my containers waiting their turn..the frames are paper and called European frames.
I just glued a couple together to add some thickness, but they not too thin to start with..


Now, I needed a background, my papers in my stash are pretty loud 
and I wanted something soft and less noisy..
So using some distress oxides I smooshed and splattered and dried well in between.


I'm not a lover of cellophane smooshing but my brain had gone to sleep and forgot I had a glass mat to smoosh on..


so, things went blotchy more that patchy, but it was okay and subtle.


and went with it..


I added my frame after stamping a sentiment that fitted inside just right..
 and some silver foliage..


then the white poinsettias went on...


and I just had to put pinecones in the gaps..


which blew the postage out of the water..


Just needed a final touch of small pine branches and some white and clear gems.


a few silver snowflakes here and there and I sat back and said, done!

So, there we go, thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow or the next day, 
my son is here with me and we doing some more garden work over the weekend..
well, he is, I'll supervise and watch his eyes roll, ha ha ha...

Luv CHRISSYxx 

Challenges to enter...







13 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, another stunning creation, Chrissy. Love it!
Enjoy gardening with your som.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous flowers and card Chrissy.

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love the poinsettia... have fun gardening x

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous! FABulous design Chrissy and I LOve your colours.
I have a son with rolling eyes lol. Made me laugh!!!
Chrissyxx

Janette said...

Well done on all those cards Chrissy, your a dynamo in the craft room, haha.
This is another lovely creation, love the frame too.
Have a wonderful day with your son in the garden, we have snow so no outdoors today for me. xx

Chris said...

Your Christmas cards this year have all been amazing Chrissy, this one is no exception, it's beautiful.
Hope you have a good time supervising your son in the garden!
xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that is just gorgeous, your background is just perfect and the flowers are so lovely the pinecones with them is a wonderful touch. Such a pretty detailed frame for the sentiment, just gorgeous card!
Have fun with the gardening!

coldwaters2 said...

I think I need to consult a dictionary Chrissy I am beginning to lose the words I would like to use to describe how your cards make me feel I hate to keep using the same old ones time after time, anyway, I love, love, love this beautiful creation it looks both sophisticated and so very elegant also professional and has the look of luxury stupendous work
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chrissy,love the backgrounds you created and the beautiful poinsettias and pinecones.
Carol x

Sarah said...

So beautiful and the pine cones finish it off perfectly xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Chrissy - beautiful flower arrangement
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Well done, that was some achievement and you kept us all entertained along the way and definitely inspired! This card came out beautifully even with your splodges!

Brenda said...

So beautiful and elegant, Chrissy. I love that you share your process.