Followers

Monday, January 8, 2024

COASTERS..

 Hello everyone,

This project was for a part gift for my Daughters Mother in law, we get on pretty good and always buy a little something or make it,  at Christmas..and birthdays..

She loves red, like me, and loves poppies, like me, so I went for that....BUT!!

My printer didn't want to..




The printing was so disappointing, they came out pale and insipid.. 


It looks like I'm going to have to shade or colour..




So I started with this one..bit better..


This one there was a stark difference..




and I was very happy with this one too..


Eventually they were all touched up and then they really looked like I had coloured from scratch..
and I never let on that I didn't..[ snickering behind my hand]
 and nobody asked so I didn't lie!!..



The set of six..with darkened edges and sealed three times..


I made a little box to put them in..


and there they are inside the box..

Merry Christmas Barb..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx




14 comments:

Chris said...

These are gorgeous Chrissy, clever how you brightened up those poppies, I wouldn't have thought of doing that (would have just sulked and chucked them in the bin!). They make a lovely gift.
xx

Janette said...

Oh I love them, such pretty designs and well done on your colouring too...haha....why not I say. Love the box too Chrissy, lovely gift. xx

Kath said...

These are a fabulous set of coasters - poppies are one of my favourite flowers too.
I hope 2024 will be a great year for you!
Kath x

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous Chrissy.
A FABulous present.
Chrissyxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous set of coasters and so clever to give them an extra touch of color. The box is beautiful too.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

great job gorgeous make Chrissy......gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous gift, and you coloured them really well. It's annoying when printers stop doing their job properly, but you saved the day! Hugs, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

You did a great job with these. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous coaster set Chrissy and love the poppies,beautifully decorated box too.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome and very beautiful project Chrissy I think you did a fantastic job with the colouring it made a difference for sure the little box was the perfect finishing touch another exceptional piece of crafting
hugs
lorraine x

*Vicki* said...

What gorgeous images and such a clever idea to make the poppies pop! I love the idea with the coasters here! Nicely done especially with a box!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are so pretty, you did a terrific job of coloring them to make them pop more, I don't think I would have been able to do that, love that you even made a box for them, so pretty!

Brenda said...

Another win for team Chrissy. I love the way your mind works and how you spiff things up when they are not exactly as you wish. Lucky Barb!

pinky said...

Wow that was a great save Chrissy, you would never know and the box packaging for them is just beautiful! A perfect gift for sure.