Followers

Thursday, January 11, 2024

SHOW ME SOME SNOW..DT

 Hello everyone,

Another week has scooted by when I wasn't looking and it is time for another over at Little Red Wagon and I'm your hostess and my theme is " Still Snowing" -  Show me some Snow.

I don't get snow here in the winter, and too far to travel to find any so I make with do with snowingup my projects...


I decided to get this die out and running again, makes a lovely hill scene with tiny church and houses..perfect for a bauble, wooden or otherwise..


I went wooden..


and tried to make a night sky but failed..


but added a circle of patterned paper on the back and it fitted pretty well..


Back to the sky..it will have to do..


Besides, I have this stencil with a huge snowflake on it and it covered the bauble prefect.


and as the dark background dried even more it went darker and I was happy..


I die cut the church and houses using a circle die, that way I had a nice round bottom!!


See, it fits nicely..


Then I piled in the glue..


Oop's...sprinkled with glitter..


When dry I added some silver thread with two silver bells..

So, there you go..


Do come and join us HERE   with any snowy projects,
would love to see you..
Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you later with another DT project, wont be long!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

The Sisterhood of Crafters     [ Icy cold]

Crafting Dream   [ Winter Landscape]









21 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous snowy creation. Love the background.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

Oh Chrissy this turned out so beautifully, a very pretty scene and lots of lovely snow. xx

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, lovely to see how you built up your snowy bauble and the finished result is beautiful.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Snow is overrated Chrissy lol-it lookd nice on cards/pics and when it firsy snows-then it turns to slush and icy slush so messy and not good if walking! Love your wooden hanger and beautiful snowflake and sparkly snow.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

that looks fantastic and beautiful Chrissy......gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Your snow looks real We've got snow and ice here, wish I could send you some! Hugs, Valerie

Paperesse said...

Such a lovely ornament! Great snowy texture!

Brenda said...

I think your background is amazing! Such a sweet little snowy scene you've created.

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x
Thanks also for joining us at our SisterHood of crafters challenge xx

Dawn T said...

Stunning Chrissy. Love the idea of a bauble with all that snowy look

coldwaters2 said...

This is one beautiful tag Chrissy love the glitter also the dark background and die cut little village superb project
hugs
lorraine x

Carol L said...

All of the steps you took to create this were certainly worth your time. Your bauble turned out just beautiful with all the glittery "snow!" I love the golden lights in all the tiny windows too!

Sarah said...

A perfect snowy bauble Chrissy. Love the detail with the lights inside the tiny windows xx

JanR said...

So pretty! Such a lovely little scene!

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Very nice creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
Greetings Annie (DT)

Conniecrafter said...

Love the big snowflake for the background to your village, great texture the snow brought to it!

Imke said...

Wonderful snowy scene, Chrissy. I always like to see the process of your creations. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

pinky said...

Oh that close up make me feel like it was a Christmas cookie!! Super gorgeous Chrissy!!

Kate said...

This is so pretty, Chrissy! The glittery snow is just lovely!

I'd love to be done with the snow but I've got a couple more months (at least!) to go...

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is so beautiful! I love tags and it's a great idea to make it wooden, so it can double as an ornament. Fantastic technique on all of it, love the snowflake for the sky!! I'm so glad you've shared this with us at Sisterhood of Crafters, we love seeing your work, please play with us again soon! Hugs!
Kristin S (DT SOC)

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper