Followers

Sunday, February 25, 2024

TAGS..

 Hello everyone,

Well, my goodness that time went fast, I haven't posted for 3 days and nearly having withdrawals, but I have been very busy making things and trying something new and having such a blast, and because it is something new, I had to go shopping, so shopping I went..I won't eat for quite awhile but can live out of the freezer, ha ha ha..

I have not joined in with tag Tuesday for a wee while so when I read what their theme was, I had to google what it meant and as I had no idea.. Asemic writing..??? never mind, it is explained on the blog so not hard to follow..


I had made these tags ages ago, and they were just laying in my tag basket so not sure what I used and they are very shimmery and the ink comes off on your fingers, not too much, but some.
The background was made with newspaper, then sprayed..


using a scripted stamp I started stamping..
you cant read it, but that is the point..


then found this clear printing stamped washi tape with non stick to them, 
but stapled them on.


so, now I have blank scripty tags...............
.Time for my new favourite things to play with..


Tim Holtz paper dolls.these things used to creep me out
and I vowed and declared I would not use them, well guess what, I
started watching YouTube videos and this lady popped up and I watched her for days
and just had to have a go..so,
I bought every packet I could find in NZ and really having fun...this is only the start.. 


die cut a globe in green and inked it up for more depth..


added behind it a blue circle for the water part..


and sat my man on it..


die cut the clock...


Pc sentiments...inked.


then added lines around for a frame..


inked around the tags and added the others to their tags..


These are paper stickers and pretty flimsy,
 so, I stuck them down onto card stock, cut and inked them..


made clusters from labels.


inked them up and glue them in place..


#1


#2


#3


and altogether.. and they are pretty flat too..

So, this is new hobby, I'm making tags and cards, but, in this style, I love it, and I 'm altering playing cards which is taking a long time and still waiting for goodies to arrive to help me out,
like kraft manilla folders to cut up, a crop-a-dile and eyelets, and all sorts of other things..

I'm going to do feminine too but not kids stuff.

So there we go..

Thank you so much for stopping by..I'm off to make a tag..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter,,,,

Tag Tuesday    [ Asemic Writing ]

Creative Fingers    [ anything goes]

Creative Inspirations    [anythin ggoes]




















16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made fantastic tags Chrissy......gr karin

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissy I must admit I was getting worried about you no posts for a few days it was getting hard to take, lol, so glad that you are back and wow what an entrance with these amazing tags olde worlde/vintage style that I love so very much, it sounds exciting that you are embarking on something new can't wait to see what you come up with
hugs
lolo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous tags, love them all, I can feel how much fun you had with them! Thanks for linking to Tag Tuesday, hugs, Valerie

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

Janette said...

Wonderful Chrissy, I must admit when Pinky showed her tag this week and said what the theme was I had no idea, thank goodness she was as kind as you to let us know, how weird we have all don e this and didn't know it had a name, haha...I love these and look forward to see more. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags Chrissy love the dies and label clusters-I am with your first thought of the papers dolls-find them a bit creepy! I bought a crop-o-dile years ago and only use it to make the holes in very rarely made tags and bookmarks lol.
Carol x

Chris said...

Glad you're having such fun Chrissy, love you fabulous grungey tags with the 'creepy' paper dolls! My favourite is the top of the world one, brilliant!
xx

Margreet said...

Love your new hobby: making vintage tags with the paper dolls. I have lots of them, but hardly use them (as you know at the moment I'm into the snippets).
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Wow, these tags are just brilliant Chrissy! You're so good with the masculine theme and I love the characters along with your brilliant backgrounds! I happen to love these creepy dolls...but I do like those grungy and creepy things!! LOL The one sitting atop of the globe is so cool! I can't wait to see your altered playing cards! Keep having fun and sharing my friend!

pinky said...

I'm liking your new venture Chrissy. These are absolutely gorgeous and I am so glad you had time to enter them over at Tag Tuesday. That theme stumped me for a while for sure lol but it's great to stretch your knicker elastic now and then! I was wondering where you got the images. There are a lot of great tag makers using them and it will be great to watch your new journey!!

Pia S said...

So fun to see this new style f yromou, playing with vintage paper dolls and making vintage looking elemnets - very inspiring!

Conniecrafter said...

I like what you have done with these paper dolls, I have yet to purchase them myself, I like the clusters you made with the labels! Those are great backgrounds for them

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What an interesting technique and a fantastic result Chrissie, I love the concept and how you used it all for these tags. Fabulous. x

Sarah said...

Absolutely stupendous!!!! I have missed you though!! xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Oh Wow, this trio of tags are just stunning, love the vintage style and of course the Asemic writing.
Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday. x

Michele said...

absolutely gorgeous work! thanks for linking to tag tuesday. xo