Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

CHRISTMAS CRAFT CREATIONS..GDT

 Hello everyone,

I'm back with my second inspiration post as GDT for CHRISTMAS CRAFT CREATIONS 


and this time I'm using a stencil..
as the theme is Stenciling or embossing folders..


This stencil is gorgeous but not sure where it came from..
it is small [ 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 ]  so I stenciled white paste through it..twice.


After cutting them, the panels were too small for what I wanted...soooo.


I did some surgery..
at first glance you can't really tell but the snowflakes didn't line up properly..



So I added a strip of navy card stock..


Secured very strongly in the back..


Now it does not matter if they line or not.


I chose very light mint green card for matting with, why, I do not know..


But it looks nice..I'm happy now.


After adding the large white Merry Christmas die, strategically placed over that blue strip,
 I needed pearls in the centers of the flakes..


and then she was done..

So do pop over and join in with the challenge HERE 


Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you again shortly..

luv CHRISSYxx








11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Clever save Chrissy. It's a stunning card.

Kath said...

A lovely card Chrissy and great surgery too!
Kath x

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a beautiful card Chrissy.......gr karin

Janette said...

Beautiful Chrissy, I have a big 'thing' for navy and white at the moment, it just looks so beautiful. Anyway, love the snowflakes and of course, the favourite Merry Christmas die, what would we do without that one, haha, its a workhorse and always looks good. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Chrissy, love the gorgeous colours too xx

Chris said...

Those stencilled snowflakes look fantastic Chrissy, a stunning card.
xx

*Vicki* said...

This is such a striking card Chrissy! I love the stenciled snowflakes with your pearls in the centers! Brilliant idea to add that strip as it fits very nicely for your sentiment! Congrats on your GDT spot my friend!

Margreet said...

Stunning card with the white snowflakes on black cardstock. Clever to add that strip. The pearls are a pretty addition.
xxx Margreet

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very lovely, I love the navy and white, with the touch of green, a beautiful card Chrissy. x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive card Chrissy love those snow flakes and the pearls the pearls look frosted is that right? Whatever you have done with them it all look very grand
hugs
lolo x

Conniecrafter said...

Pretty snowflakes, they pop from that dark background and love the pretty centers you gave to them, Lovely!