Followers

Thursday, February 29, 2024

DT..STENCILS

 Hello everyone,

Time for a new challenge over at LITTLE RED WAGON  where our lovely Brenda is hostess and her chosen theme is....STENCIL POWER - use a stencil...

Well, I had a blast making my project, no bad language, all went smoothly AND, I used up more stash..


this is the stash I found in my drawer, it is my craft supplies drawer that I don't go into a lot
it has glue,tapes,drops etc, and I only venture into it looking for that sort of stuff...


These big hearts were a draw..


and considered drilling a hole to thread string so they could hang...BUT...


I found these in another draw, and they said, pick me, pick me,


So I did, and then made a decision on the stencil to use.
.all of them.


So they were primed with gesso..


Then painted with water paint but out of a tube.


Several times to get the red the right brightness..


Enough was enough, I suddenly had the need to carry on..


This was the first stencil and I used thick paste.


second one, and roughed it up a bit, didn't want it smooth..


third stencil, a very pretty floral..


and the fourth, a leafy one. and the last was a lettering stencil..


So there they are, all painted and stenciled.


then I sprayed them,....yikes


They came out a bit grungy..


So doused them with water to quieten things down..



It didn't...



But went with, just changed my design or idea a bit...
die cutting a gold LOVE sentiment.


adding wooden hearts, one each.


Threaded my strings and...DONE!!

So, there you go....
drag out those stencils and come join us




Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you later on..as I'll be back.

Luv CHRISSYxx


15 comments:

Chris said...

More fabulous stencilling! Your little wooden hearts are gorgeous Chrissy. You
were so brave to spray them, the bright red and white looked so pretty- but it was the right decision, they look wonderful all grunged up!
xx

Paperesse said...

Lovely ornaments, Chrissy! I liked how you did your 'save'. Your post made me smile, we can all relate to that.

*Vicki* said...

Your wooden hearts are so pretty and I happen to love that bit of grunge on them! the added gold sentiment and tiny hearts are a great idea too! Such a fun idea for the stencils too!

KarinsArtScrap said...

looking great Chrissy.........gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Love your grunge hearts. Great project!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

LOve all the beautiful textured hearts and I loved the grunge effect.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

What can I say Chrissy except....BRILLIANT.... I have loads of stencils but rarely use them in fact it is only these last few days that I have actually used a couple but seeing your post makes me realise that there is so much more you can do with them than just using distress inks these look amazing love the different ones you have used they each look so effective top notch work
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Can I say "only you"? Who else would be able to make such gorgeous hearts? I Adore them. x

aussie aNNie said...

Very impressive Chrissy, lots of lovely hearts you have made, love these. xx

Janette said...

I do love a textured heart and you nailed it Chrissy, beautiful work. xx

JanR said...

You rocked this challenge, Chrissy! Those hearts look amazing! Texture paste is great to stencil with....I should have thought of that.

Conniecrafter said...

very creative idea for your hearts, I love the partial stenciling over them, the gold sentiment and those tiny hearts added were a great finishing touch!

Kate said...

These are so super!! I like the grungy look too. I like the way your crafting supplies call out to you. Haha!

Brenda said...

I absolutely love grunge and gold together, oh and with all that lovely texture, these are wonderful!