Followers

Friday, March 1, 2024

BACK TO THE SEA..

 Hello everyone,

I'm back to the sea today, I know, but I cannot help it..it's what I love, except for the big project I'm working on now, only made 13 so far, vintage, different, fun, little creepy, but having the time of life and only 39 to go, for the first round and something else as well, gosh, I need to get off you tube for awhile..

But, today, it is the sea...under the sea to be precise and I needed a sunken ship!



and this die cut ship is the best along with the ships wheel..
cut and inked and already to go..



and what papers you may ask...gasp, these ones and the other pad that I finally found online arrived
 so I'm hoarding that one..



Just look how busy this paper is, it is crazy busy, but it is going to work..


and I made an easel card, a big one...



I ripped paper to make the sand in this yellowy brown colour
 and inked all the edges quite heavily..


Pushed the ship into the sand and die cut and coloured the coral and 
sea plants..


I needed fish, but only little ones..


and die cut them in black, thankful that the set had more than one fish to cut..


Die cut a scroll and inked it, cut it twice,
 once in patterned paper and once in white..


a treasures chest, barrel and quill all added to the mix and ready to glue down..


It went really quickly from this point and I sort of got quite excited to finish.


This the front...


This is inside....


Front tucked into and behind the map..


and looking straight at it..
there were splatters added and all sorts of little touches, and I love it..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Double D Challenge    [ Patterned paper / optional mood board]
   
Simon Says Stamp   [anything goes]

The Crafty Addicts   [ anything goes ]

Cardz 4 Guys  [fun folds]






16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this ❤️ you are a real nautical kinda girl, great design and love your inspiration xx

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks also for Joining us in our Double D challenge xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's great and beautiful Chrissy.........gr karin

Janette said...

You really do a great sea design Chrissy, this is packed full to the brim and I love it. The sunken ship is wonderful, clever lady.
I am dying to know what your up to behind the scenes, you really shouldn't keep dangling carrots at us hahaha. xx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Chrissy, it's beautifully designed, so many clever details that tell stories of wonderful adventures. I love it.
Very intrigued about your current project(s)! Looking forward to hearing more.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I love seseing how you make your cards, wwow! Really fantastic! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous card Chrissy! I love your nautical scene with the sand layers and beautiful die cut images arranged nicely together! The papers turned out perfectly for your scene and of course I love the bit of splatter! Enjoy your weekend!

coldwaters2 said...

Chrissy were you a fisherman or Sailor in a previous life, lol, I am no way complaining, I think you must have been an Admiral because you are so observant and your detail is outstanding, lol, seriously this is beyond excellent your passion and enthusiasm for making this work of art jumps out at you when looking at your pictures and reading your post I have never looked at the sea so differently as I do now after seeing your nautical and maritime creations, this is stupendous
hugs
lolo x

Pia S said...

It’s so inspiring and fun to see the steps taken to make the finished result. It looks absolutely amazing, there’s something fairytale like about it. Well done!

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant Nautical card Chrissy,fabulous papers and perfect dies-love the scroll!
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

Conniecrafter said...

I love the shipwreck scene you have created and that is so cool you made it into an easel so they can display with the great scene you have made for the inside too!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh My Word! This is AHmazing! I love the whole underwater scene you have created--it is fantastic! Each element purposedly placed....and it's an Easel card--wonderful! I too love all things sea and beach. Your Designer Papers are spectacular, may have to find that pack too lol Great die cuts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Patterned Paper Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Melanie Hungerford said...

All the different elements on your card go together so, just an amazing composition! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Brenda said...

A real work of art! I love all the amazing details.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Chrissy, what a fabulous creation, I never have enough superlatives for your cards. x

pinky said...

It's stunning Chrissy. Filled with everything to catch the eye for sure. I can't wait to see your mysterious project!!!