Followers

Saturday, March 30, 2024

THIS IS BIGGER THAN THE LAST BIGGIE..

 Hello everyone,

What a wonderful wet, cold,,wet ,not THAT cold and windy Easter weekend we are having..did I say wet... the heavens have opened, but, Oh well, never mind, I'll just have to stay indoors and craft..

So, while Holly is off my seat and looking for some dry dirt, I thought I would pop this post up, it is a huge one....















So that's that part...
I made a bill fold or wallet, with a lot of pockets and hidden bits and tags..
Time to decorate. I made heaps of my own ephemera and tags, I also hadf
Temu help meo ut with stickers and pads and just a whole heap of things..then the internet became my best friend when you type in "black and white vintage pictures for free "..

WOW, there are heaps online and old dockets like you have never [ I have never seen] before..










Internet freebies..


GASP...are they not awesome..saves a fortune.


The old puches came in handy..


Look at all this..it sure did take a long time to print and cut and ink and re size and all the stuff you have to do but the end result was just mind blowing...I was so excited to decorate..















Wicked, I open it up everyday, just because I can, and I love it..

But I wanted to keep going so I made a belly band, not correctly but close enough..






I glossy embossed the buckle and belt tip which made them really strong...



DONE!!..

I tried not to talk too much as the pictures were pretty self-explanatory
and rest assured I had a blast, so much fun, in fact I've done a couple more vintage style books and things that I will share soon.. I'm hooked..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you in a few days..

HAPPY EASTER..

Luv CHRISSYxx








15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow fantastic and gorgeous Chrissy........great job.......gr karin

Janette said...

I LOVE it Chrissy its FABULOUS, what a wonderful, jam packed bit of crafting. It also reminds me of an old big wallet my Mam had for bills at one time, long ago obviously.
Glad to know your still on Temu, me too, but the freebie stuff is amazing.
Happy Easter. xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is one STUPENDOUS vintage project Chrissy it is full of excellence from start to finish, I have read through this twice and viewed the pictures more than once it is full of so much detail it looks like something from many, many years ago and is a treasure that you found it reminds me of the diary that my dad brought back from WW11 he served in Burma and kept a note of things it was just one item that was well used and this project reminds me of that item, I love that you can open it up and go through all the little bits and pieces this really is something to treasure Chrissy to take pride in it is a pure work of art I take my hat off to you and your undying creativity I just wish I lived near you so you could teach me all these wonderful techniques
Have a wonderful Easter
Hugs
Lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Vintage folder,love the pages and all the pockets and fabulous ephemera-love the belly band.
Carol x

chrissy xx said...

So much detail Chrissy.
I do so LOve how you take us through the process.
Great design and great colours too.
Chrissyxx

Chris said...

What an amazing project Chrissy, I love the vintage look and style of your beautiful book/folder/journal. All those amazing details and ephemera. Great that you managed to find so much to print for free. This must have kept you quiet and happy for ages!
xx

Margreet said...

Wow, beautiful and amazing vintage style book, Chrissy.
Here it is also wet wet wet....all day long.
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design and what a clever clever lady xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, wonderful etc etc! Hugs, Valerie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see why you want to open and close this amazing piece of art. What a wonderful creation Chrissy. Great you found all the images for free too, makes what we make even better I feel. x

Conniecrafter said...

That is so very cool, I just love the design and all the pockets and goodies you have for the journal, love the buckle idea to keep it together and like the title you came up with too!

*Vicki* said...

What a really clever project Chrissy! I love your idea of transforming this into a folio! Very cool design and details and especially love the pockets you've created as well! You inspire me my friend!

Brenda said...

I'm so happy to see you venture into the realm of book/journal making. This folio/wallet is absolutely amazing and those tickets are so cool, can't wait to see more!

Sarah said...

I am blown away by this Chrissy. What an amazing folio, you are SO clever!! xx

pinky said...

Wow what an amazing project Chrissy. Your photos make it look easy but I know you have put more than your heart and soul into this!! Even preparing all those embellishments takes time. Well done!!