Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

ANIMAL ANTICS # 749...DT

 Hello everyone,

Well, that week flew by and thank you all who came over and played at LITTLE RED WAGON  and now it is time for our JanR to choose a theme and her theme is "ANIMAL ANTICS - any animal you want, any craft you want, just go for it..

My mind went straight to the sea [ of course it did ] and because, not too long ago there was a post up in our Napier news about dolphins swimming and diving and playing across our bay, people by the hundreds went up there to see them and apparently there were as many dolphins as people..so that's where I started..


with my dies..


I did cut my dolphins twice, one in dark grey and once in light grey,,


added joined them together and added a little shading..


Then into my scrap bag, the blues..


and found just what I needed...


morning from Holly as she plonked her butt down right onto my die cuts!!


Fie cut under the sea stuff, plants and coral and sand, things like that..


and my new wave border dies...lovely and cut perfectly.


Then I made some clouds with my sponge dauber and gesso..


added my royal blue waves..


Made stripes from left over card stock..


I die cut the sand but added brown papers on first as it looks better and fuller..


See what I mean, then added fish and plants...


Went back to my panels and added the dolphins who are frolicking and playing in the sea..


under the sea it is very quiet...no frolicking here..


The card opened up flat..


and here it is propped up...it;s a double easel..


and there you go..done..


So what animal can you think of for anitics..
link up HERE and share what you got..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Dream Valley Challenge   [ Die and or punches]

A Perfect Time to Craft    [anything goes]

Ally's Angels    [anything goes]

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge   [ anything goes]









17 comments:

chrissy xx said...

FABulous! So much detail.
LOve your colours and design.
Chrissyxx
Holly looks to have a 'fed me' face on today lol x

Margreet said...

Again lovely to see how you build up your card (with supervision of Holly).
It is a beautiful above and under the sea card!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

WoW, a fabulous double easel card Chrissy, love your dolphins and waves on the top panels and the undersea scene is just beautiful.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Playful and gorgeous with a great design Chrissy. x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous double easel card Chrissy,love the over and under water scenes and all your brilliant dies.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

o this is very cute and very beautiful Chrissy.......gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, love the dolphins. Hugs Valerie

Paperesse said...

Oh, wow, awesome card, Chrissy!!! As always I am blown away by the detail in your cards. I see that Holly was supervising your die-cut placement. She did a good job (HA!).

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Chrissy this is out of this world beautiful all that lovely under the ocean flowers and coral the swirls of the sea and lastly those amazing wonderful Dolphins another excellent creation or should I say work of art I knew that you would revisit the sea it seems to be in your blood for sure and I for one never tire of seeing it or any of your awesome works, Holly looks like she is not happy with you is she sending you some sort of message, lol.
hugs
lolo x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creations. I think Holly has wonderful ideas. lol Anesha x

Janette said...

Brilliant card Chrissy, the whole scene looks amazing and those Dolphins are fabulous. xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow to see that many dolphins must have been something else. I love the card you made the dolphins are cute and like how you added the ball. I think my hubby bought me a wave die like that, not sure if I used it. Love our under water surprise when the card is opened!

Imke said...

Speechless about your easel card, Chrissy. So many different die cut layers, brilliant scene - just great.

https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

JanR said...

Very cool card, Chrissy! All the die cuts are fantastic! Cats always know exactly where are the most inconvenient place to plonk their butts. lol

Kate said...

Wow! Awesome design and I especially love the way you did the sand. Lots of great photos but the one of Holly is the best. 💕

Brenda said...

Amazing!!! I love that your cards actually tell a story. This is so much fun. You know, I've lived here now for 23 years and have never seen a dolphin except on your beautiful cards.

pinky said...

Double the eye candy today for sure Chrissy. I love your gorgeous scenes, makes for an amazing card!!