Followers

Thursday, April 25, 2024

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED....I THINK!

 Hello everyone,

Of all the stuff that has been dropped off for me to alter and play with, I think this would have been the biggest challenge so far..


This packet is so soft, an unusual plastic and smells like strawberries..
it contained fruit infusion tea!!..



So I measured a bit, not good at that,
 should have tried harder at school like my report card said..!!


and made panels in two parts though for the outside..
otherwise it would not have bent properly.....I tried it.


I inked it to death to hide the flaws..
and added burnt edged washi tape across the top.


The corners had me stumped for a wee while, they would not join up and
it was really hard to fit card stock in as it made it too stiff, and all that inking didn't help..


both sides were becoming a nightmare...BUT!..I pressed on and,


Washi, good old soft washi, squished that stuff in there,
 a few layers ,and it filled the holes up..got it!


Added an eyelet with my fixed and "be more careful Mum", crop o dile.



Made some more film strips, I really enjoy making these and look so cool on vintage style projects
or any project really, depends what pictures you put inside..mmmm..another project just popped in.


Washi along the bottom and added film strips..


I got a thing for numbers so added some of those I made..


Leather strip from my daughter in law to tie it up,
 and she was the one who gave me the plastic tea bag pouch..
and now it is ready to give back..

So there you go, I'm working on Bourbon boxes at the moment, oh, they are going to fabulous on my shelf, I'll share them later on..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

luv CHRISSYxx




15 comments:

Dawn T said...

So clever Chrissy. Great upcycling.

Janette said...

My word, I was only missing a week or so and look what you have been up to. Hahaha
Love the boxes you made into storage cubes, I had to do that when I first started crafting because I just couldn't afford the stash and the stuff to store it in, amazing what we crafters come up with. Todays little challenge is so lovely, the added bonus must be that lovely smell, it looks great Chrissy. xx

Chris said...

Brilliant recycling! Hope your daughter in law is suitably impressed at your ingenuity, it looks fantastic.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Oh my word Chrissy this is sensational you are BRILLIANT X

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely clever Chrissy! You've made such a brilliant gift bag with your up-cycling! I need to take more lessons from you! Love the distressed edges with the papers and fun Vintage photo strip images and details! Thanks for sharing your creativeness my friend!

chrissy xx said...

Well there's upcycling and then there is your upcycling Chrissy.
You never disappoint lol ... It's Brilliant!
Chrissyxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great Chrissy.......gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

You are really the crafting queen, I admire how you make something from everything, wonderful! Hugs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another fabulous result, from a mind that sees so much. A beautiful project Chrissy. x

coldwaters2 said...

I am once again gobsmacked that you started off with a plastic tea bag pouch and ended up with this fantastic vintage gift bag that looks amazing with the washi tape, distressed edges the film strips, pictures and that tie up lace with charm truly yet another work of art well done you Chrissy
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant recycling Chrissy,love all the distress inking and the film strips with the Vintage images.
Carol x

Pia S said...

A beautiful vintage recycling project. I love numbers too and they look great on her with the film strip and photos.

Lisa said...

What an adventurous project! Your determination shines through overcoming challenges like measuring and fitting the panels. The burnt-edge washi tape adds a lovely vintage touch, and the film strips and numbers give it such character. It's amazing how creativity turns even the most unexpected materials into beautiful works of art!

pinky said...

Wow you are amazing Chrissy. What a brilliant use of that gorgeous smelling bag. Love the whole look for sure!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow I give you a lot of credit for taking that one on but you did a fabulous job, I am thinking we did about the same in school as I could have learned more while there too ;)
You are just making me want to get those film strips, fantastic job!