Followers

Friday, August 30, 2024

BIRTHDAY BOY..

 Hello everyone,

Gosh the time is flying and I'm so slack at posting, too many orders which is a good thing and at least I'm caught up and things are slowing down..phew..

I'm sharing a card I made for my eldest Grandson Zach..


and he loved it..


I started my design without a clue in my head, just made panels,


covered in a kraft colour manilla folder after remembering a fold I had seen..


covered in wood grain papers/..


and placing this closure panel thing, hoping I had it right..


Cut out my gentlemen dies in black..


Covered all my panels with scraps of steel like papers..


Glued on my panel..


Opened up flat and added embellishments..


then decided to make a pocket for the back..


added the Happy Birthday badly embossed in gold
onto an ephemera I made with black ball chain ( very fiddly 
and eyelets, so it dangles..


very happy with this..


Really love this type of fold and design..


and this is the pocket I made with a tag inside
 to write on and add a gift card..


and done..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'm heading into spring and the weather is beautiful right now
so I'm getting my vege beds ready for planting and may even do some pots...you never know..
I'll see you soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx


Challenges to enter...
    
Everybody Art Challenge   ( Anything Goes)

A Cut Above   ( Anything goes with a die cut )

Creative Creases Challenge  ( Anything goes with fun fold )












11 comments:

Janette said...

LOVE IT, how fabulous, the fold is so good and love the decorating its perfect. Not surprised at all that he loved it Chrissy its a fabulous man card. xx

Margreet said...

Love this Z-fold card for your grandson Zach. It's full of lovely details.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and papers, love all the images you used.
carol x

Chris said...

It's a super masculine card Chrissy, love the fold, the papers and die cuts and the dangly bit! It all looks fabulous together xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fab and gorgeous card, great papers Chrissy.......gr karin

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice masculine card and quite a clever design! Hope he had a good day, xoxo

Uschi said...

Wow, great card. I believe you that your grandson really liked it. It is so varied. A great fold and a great decoration. It has everything a man's heart could desire :). And this man's silhouette - it beats everything. It is also great to see how you have tinkered around with these great design papers and colors. I really admire your card.
Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Sarah said...

That's a lovely design Chrissy and the pocket to hold the gift card is such a great idea xx

coldwaters2 said...

BRILLIANT creation Chrissy love the vintage style all the ephemera and the card fold as well as the dies I love the pocket also the little tag on a chain it looks spectacular
hugs
lolo x

Conniecrafter said...

He is certainly going to love this gem it looks terrific! Great fold and love all the goodies you had to add to it, that dangle has got to be the best, something you just don't see! I love the idea of the pocket on the back for a little note and gift card!!

Brenda said...

A really great masculine card. I love all the details and I'm sure it will be cherished by Zach.