Followers

Saturday, August 31, 2024

STEAMPUNK JEWELLERY BOX..

 Hello everyone,

I have a fun project to share, it was a commission project and I was supplied with the box and could do whatever floated my boat as long as it had a steampunk vibe and fit for jewellery..




This was the box with its first coat of gesso..


and coated over and over with gesso to cover the bright colours,
 inside and outside..




That was not working too good so fished out my patterned tissue paper
 and covered it with that..


and that worked well..


Then lined the box with patterned papers..



Then came making die cut cogs and wheels look aged and rusty
using water paints..



A chipboard balloon, painted, with added string running down for dimension..
and then the funniest thing happened..





.there was a reaction with the products I used


Looks very cool..I think it was a spray I used and it settled on top of the paint, not too sure to be honest..



My clocks, cogs and gears were now dry and ready and my favourite top hat image
printed added colour and fussy cut..


The goggles from Temu,very light, like plastic and perfect for this project,
 the key also from Temu and as light as a feather..


It was a challenge gluing them on, trust me,
 the way I wanted them left very small edges to glue..



But I got there and to this day they are still glued on..
as are the cogs with buttons along the sides..




a close up of inside the goggles..
There are roses edged in gold cream stuff..


loads of dimension..


then the camera had a real hissy fit and the colours went crazy..
but you can see the roses tucked in there..



Final photo..recipient very happy..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Creative Artise Mixed Media challenge   ( Anything mixed media goes )

Creative Fingers   ( Anything goes)











11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks great Chrissy love the goggles...gr karin

Janette said...

Fabulous box, love the goggles so much, all brilliant. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Amazeballs! A real collector's item, xoxo

Margreet said...

Beautiful project Chrissy. Great to see your making of!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Wow! Amazing Steampunk jewellery box, what a transformation. Love all the cogs and ephemera- the balloon looks gorgeous- whatever you did is such a great effect. Would I be right in guessing that this is for your Daughter in Law?
xx

Sarah said...

That's a beautiful piece and sure to be treasured by the recipient. Those goggles are fantastic!! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic project Chrissy I am not surprised the recipient was happy with it, what awesome Steampunk embellishments I love those old fashioned goggles, cogs and gears, also the Balloon what a great outcome the colours looks perfect a stupendous creation or should I say work of art well done
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Great Steampunk transformation love the glasses and all the cogs.
Carol x

Fiona said...

Wow - what a fabulous project and such attention to detail. I'm sure the recipient was over the moon with your creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic job with this, nice that you were supplied the box, I so love how you made the cogs look old and rusty, they turned out great and neat find with the glasses and the key. Very interesting results on the balloon, sure did make it look worn for sure! Like the fancy corners on it too.

Brenda said...

What an amazing creation. I love the grungy look your balloon has, fabulous!