Followers

Monday, September 2, 2024

WHAT I GOT UP TO TODAY..

 Hello everyone,

I'm going to share what I made today for fun and for no other reason than I wanted to, and it sometjhing I do not usually do, I make stuff and share it later....so here we go.

Do you remember when I made those booklets using the CD sleeves, and one of them the shakers Mermaids, won a badge..well, I was thinking the other evening, of what to make and those sleeves kept popping into my head, and I wanted to booklet them again, but just a little different.



Had all the sleeves and decide to use this nearly, whole paper pad, to use up my stuff..
some was feminine sone not so much..


The sleeves are 5x5 square so cut the patterned paper 
a dash under that, then eyeballed the die and cut!!


After the first three or so, my brain kicked and started to die 6 at a time,
 there abouts, so much faster..so they were ready.


these are leftovers which I will definitely keep.


These could be leftovers but had an idea half way through cutting..


time to glue..


done..there was 26 but I had an oop's..


popping the centers back in but not matching,
 mixing the patterns up.


Now, here's where it starts, you either like using photos of people you have never met,
 or you don't..I've learned to love them, so bought a bucket load of all sorts of Tim Hotlz stuff the other day from Ribbon Rose..



and went with it..


each person  received a number that I made om PC to start with..
they were glued ,just a dab, onto a circle then another dab and
 slid inside the folder, folder then sealed and done..


half way..


all inside and gluing flap shut..


DONE!!

from there I went with more numbers but stickers,
ad vellum leaves with berries, using up my stuff..


These things sometimes, can be real tricky and thumb looses a few layers of skin
peeling the sticker back off.


but they look real nice and add some colour.


these stickers were easy, booklets from Temu...


a close up of all the stamps and stickers on a few....
This little lass is so happy and one of my favourites..


I have hundreds of these sticker stamps so it's good to use some up..


the open booklet..


then I decided to glue two together as I only had one side decorated with the window, so now they are double sided, so when flipping through booklet both sides are pretty..


So this side was all done..FLIP


and this side all done..


and here they are with loads of stamps,
 and numbers and stickers all ball chained together..



booklet all fanned out to see..


and the front, no name, no label,
 just a booklet made from CD sleeves and a good day..

thank you so much for stopping by.
See you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

EDIT.. I came back on to add a couple of photos showing
the postage stamp stickers and dropped the booklet when putting it back..it now has a name..
" The never ending booklet" no matter how you move it around it just keeps turning and turning so the front cover is no more, it is in the middle somewhere...how fun.

Challenges to enter..

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge   ( Anything goes)

Creative Crafting Uncles   ( Anything goes )

The Crafting Challenge   ( Anything goes)










9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

I am giving you another WOW, WOW, WOW Chrissy, you have created something that is full of imagination and so impressive also inspirational, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing each and every step and the end product is awesome, excellent work
hugs
lolo x

Janette said...

You sure do love your little books Chrissy. This is such a great way to use up all the stash, really lovely. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow fantastic you did a great job again Chrissy.............gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous never ending booklet -love all the decorated CD covers, images and embellishments, great way to use your stash.
Carol x

Nancy said...

I love it, Chrissy! Those projects that we create just for ourselves are so much fun. This one is fantastic!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly beautiful and love your papers and perfect creation x

Taty said...

a very nice mini album with a retro and romantic style. Thanks for joining The Crafting Challenge Taty x DT

Conniecrafter said...

Great name for it, never ending booklet. I like seeing the pictures in other peoples projects but never bought any for myself, I like how you used opposite backgrounds for the openings too, cool idea!

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOVE seeing these sleeve books, another one well done! And I like the idea of the keychain instead of book rings, xoxo