Followers

Friday, September 13, 2024

FRAMED..MY WAY

 Hello everyone,

Back today to share what idea popped in my head when sharing a post or two ago using grungy papers..probably not a new idea, and probably been done before, I would not know as I live in my own world and we are all very happy together..

But I was online browsing with my click finger taped to the desk!!..and found these frames from TH..





 and I really liked them but they are pricy for what they are..and when sharing those papers the other day, the idea came to just make my own with different frames shapes etc,etc,etc,


I have not sewn mine yet, but plan to now my DIL filled my bobbin for me, my machine wont do that, it is broken..



I also found this cute little cheap wooden stamp in my stash and gold embossed a few for my ready to go box, isn't it lovely..was 99 cents when I bought it..

anyway, back to my project...

LOOK!!


I made all these in an hour or two, no more than that.
this photo is the frames, inserts, and cut off edges.
.I saved, and going to use them all...



These are the deliberate frames I ended up with and used
 up scraps mainly.to cut them out or at least older stuff..


These are all the insides bits, I will ink and use as ephemera..


these are some frames of the off cuts that I had not trimmed at this time, but did


these have been trimmed to as even at the sides that I could, they will be used..


and these were hidden under the box I was using and at that
stage had put all my stuff away and stood looking at these, thinking, and then popped them away for another day.


.

So, what you think?, good saving, fun to do, not hurting anyone.
and I have a bucket load of frames to do whatever I want to do. yay!!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I'm off to do some sewing..

Luv CHRISSYxx
.




















11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic papers and frames Chrissy......gr karin

Janette said...

Big big fan of DIY anything I can get away with. These are fabulous Chrissy, great papers too, well done for saving a bob or two. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous papers and frames- a great money saving idea. At least the tape worked lol.
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Your frames are fantastic, you should sell a few to Tim Holz! Have fun using them, I look forward to seeing what you make. Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

You did a great job making these beautiful frames. TH might be jealous! Have pleasure using them.
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

That's a brilliant idea Chrissy and they look incredible xx

Paperesse said...

Bravo, Chrissy! These were a wonderful idea. I agree, why spend the money when you can make something so lovely yourself?! And too, no waste this way, so better all around.

Chris said...

Brilliant idea Chrissy! They look just as good as the TH ones -, are totally unique to you and for a fraction of the price!
xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh yes, very smart of you not to click! Good luck with the sewing, I need to pull out my machine and see if MINE works, lol. xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

I saw them too and thought the same thing that I could make my own but hadn't tried it yet, you are so good at thinking something and then getting it done, I have to be more like that, these look great and look forward to seeing what you may do with them now!

pinky said...

Absolutely brilliant idea Chrissy. Why not make your own. I was reading your post and glanced over at my sewing machine with a cheeky grin lol. Can't wait to see what you come up with for these!!