Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2024

BY THE SEA..

 Hello everyone and welcome to my new follower Roni..

Sharing a nautical scene today that my mother would not have liked too much..she hated ocean paintings with rough seas a waves, they scared her, but so did her own shadow I think, so was a nervous lady..


my back ground once again, blue cardstock and white clouds sponged on but barley visible,
but they are there..


I die cut my light house twice, once in white, once in red, then layered the red bits into the gaps on the white, and it worked really well this time..I also did the same with the yellow lights..


Here I'm making rocks, well, a cliff really, for the light house to sit on..


added some tuffs of grass and another layer of rock!..and
 deciding whether or not to add the extra bit.


I did..


then splattered white foam using a very smelly paint pen and became quite light headed,
 a little more than usual..lol..


using my Marianne Creatables waves I cut them,
 then embossed them, then cut them in half - ish
and layered them together.


added a little boat and some seagulls ( and Stanley )
and I was done..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Allsorts challenge  ( some thing fishy or anything goes )





















13 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful sea scene, I love lighthouses so this is also a winner for my money Chrissy, its gorgeous. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great sea themed card Chrissy, love the lighthouse perched on the cliffs and of course little Stanley.
Carol x

brenda said...

Your right on trend with our Allsorts theme this week Chrissy and what a gorgeous creation it is as well, thank you so much for joining us.

B x

Chris said...

Fabulous sea-scene Chrissy, your die cuts are super as always, love how you did the cliff/rocks looks so realistic.
I love watching rough seas with crashing waves...wouldn't want to be out on them though...oh no!
xx

Sarn said...

Wonderful lighthouse & seaside scenic card. X

Margreet said...

Gorgeous nautical scene, Chrissy. Love how you made the cliff with the tuffs of graas and the fab lighthouse.
Great that Stanley is on the card too!
xxx Margreet

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful card you created with great details, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Gail L said...

A lot of work and detail; perfect for the theme at Allsorts this week!
Thanks for joining us!
I laughed at your smelly paint pen!
Makes me think about getting high on Stazon!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great card and kudos on the cliff work, just amazing. xoxo

Conniecrafter said...


So very cool, I so love your touch of the grass inside the rocks, love your white foam, bummer it makes you light headed, Fantastic beach scene!

pinky said...

This is my cup of tea for sure Chrissy. I love anything sea related and this is just beautiful!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous, as always! Hugs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Chrissy......gr karin