Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

SOME NEW STUFF WITH PICTURES..



Hello Everyone...

I'm on my holidays at the moment and had spare time to just play and muck around trying new techniques [to me..] in my card making..

I bought a few [ a lot..] of bits and pieces to add to my growing craft room, but I feel they were very essential to me..

First I bought...

Tonic Studio card kit..#12 one off purchase as I really loved the elements in it..
This is the link Card kit #12 Tonic Studios as they wont let me copy the picture to show you and mine has been opened and all over the place..I have one picture with some of it..


These are the dies..big leaves, small leafs so many details on them..shaker leaf cups..[ thats the white leaf shape, the cup is clear so you cannot really see it...and I have made a project using these for a DT project so I  will show you later]..embossing powder, shimmer pen,liquid pearls drops, stamp set with matching dies..and gorgeous papers and card stock and some other stuff I just cannot remember, but so worth while grabbing the kits when you can.

Next up I thought why not..I was sick of my cutter sliding around and being silly, cutting crooked cause the blade was bent..so...I bought a new one..


He is tiny, but cuts perfectly..Tim Holtz, very good and very light.

and while I was there...


A stamping platform..AM I IMPRESSED OR WHAT..I love this thing and stick all my stamps in there..and still get my sentiments crooked but I'm learning..and lining up leaves with the next purchase, well, lets just say I am not top of the class for this..


But I will keep practising..

This is the stamp set I bought from Altenew..


With it's matching dies..

Now my brain just couldn't figure out the order of stamping and I made a right hash of it...several times...but there are fantastic youtube videos to help and I will get them out again soon and practise,practise,practise..

Then I watch a youtube video showing a new release from Altenew using their new markers...and I wanted them...so I bought them..


They are really nice...brush end and nib end..alcohol markers, good blenders...

I will show you projects using those later on..

Okay, I went shopping mad and need to work another year now to save up before I retire...

I also [no pictures or we would be here all week]..papers pads, card stock, glues,Nuvo drops..[they are just lovely]..

I worked all year and saved hard to do this as I have always scrimped and scraped and bought cheap and tacky and I really wanted to get some nicer stuff..I am so happy with what I have now and looking forward to another year of saving..

Tomorrow or the next day I will be back with a set of cards I made using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks..they are fun to play with [and new..lol...] I told you I went shopping NUT'S..

Thanks so much for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx







13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, you've certainly bought lots and lots of fun goodies to play with!! I just LOVE that Altenew set and your card looks so stunning with it! I know you'll get the hang of everthing in no time my friend! HUGS :)

Carol S. said...

The card looks beautiful to me. I have quite a few sets of their stamps too. On the back of the pack there was a 'map' showing you the order of the stamps. For the work you do Chrissy, you really do deserve to spoil yourself. I am going to a craft show next Sunday and armed with a small shopping list. Problem is, other things seem to fall into my bag, paid for of course!! I am going with a friend and leaving hubby at home!! Enjoy your goodies!! Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Chris said...

Good for you Chrissy, you work so hard taking care of other people you really deserved to treat yourself. Your new 'stuff' looks amazing and I'm sure you'll enjoy playing with it and learning all sorts of wonderful techniques. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create, I know it will be beautiful!
xx

Pia S said...

You got yourself so many treats, nice stuff! The flower card looks gorgeous. What I really appeciate about the stamping platform is that I can re-ink as man times as I need to, to get a nice and crisp image or sentiment. Happy crafting, Chrissy!

aussie aNNie said...

GOOD FOR YOU Chrissy, you will enjoy your goodies and just love the card. I am impressed and the Misti makes a difference with stamping, in particular the build a flower altenew stamps....love seeing you spoil your self as you work so hard...big hugs.xx

Doreen said...

Enjoy your new goodies Chrissy,you really do deserve them.xxx

Jane said...

Oh dear lord...should a nutter like you really be allowed a Tim Holtz cutter??!!
Great haul xxx

Janette said...

Well done Chrissy, you bought some fabulous stuff and you deserve it too, you make such brilliant creations....I have to say, if it has TimHoltz name on it, it'll last a lifetime, and the stamping platform is just brilliant, I got one for my birthday this year and I love it...enjoy all your goodies...xxx

Veerle said...

Was the store empty after your visit Chrissy ? LOL Have fun with your new goodies. Hugs Veerle xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

oo I love your new goodies Chrissy looks great and a beautiful card also
Gr Karin

crafty-stamper said...

Good for you spoing yourself you work so hard and deserve it so why not-great buys
Carol x

pinky said...

Well good for you Chrissy, if we don't treat ourselves well no one else will lol. I love my Stamp Board. One thing to do is wrap those magnets in tape asap.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh what fun new goodies!!! Enjoy!!!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia