Followers

Friday, July 15, 2022

FINALLY...WATERLILIES AND FROGS..

 Hello everyone,

I'm so glad that finally a simple design popped into my head while watching Dexter on Neon of all programs..

My waterlilies and frogs came together,well, the swan did first but I have to show that second...AND, I'm so sorry if you get blurry pictures now and then, I was cleaning white ink off my camera and changed the  settings and you have to be very very still using this setting, and I'm not and steady person..


First off after spraying my flowers and lily pads look at this paper..
Another yummy background...


The leaves, sprayed and smooshed, dried and smooshed again..


The waterlily flowers, layered up and sprayed and dipped and splattered..


The Dragonfly, coloured with markers then splattered..


Rather over splattered but I lost control..


Another lot of lily pad leaves and another background forming..maybe.


All dried and dipped...


And yes, another background..




So started putting this card together using another background I made last week..
I made about 6 backgrounds using all sorts of papers and even paper towels..


I cut two ovals after I had the background sized using the leftover bit..


added bull rushes and water lily's...


and my speckled frog..


Popped the gorgeous dragonfly up the top..


Then swapped the ovals around, it just didn't work..
The bottom lily's were too wide for up the top and I think this is okay..sort of.


Dimension, just a bit..still goes through the post as flat..


Gems, oh yes, the sparkle and blurry ness but still lovely..


A simple gold embossed sentiment...


And there we have it, all done and calm..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

The Sisterhood of Crafters  [Bees, Butterflies and Dragonflies]

Simon Says Stamp  [Make your own background]

2 Sisters on the Blog  [anything goes]




15 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, this is such a creation, wow, its gorgeous. I love the colours and the flowers,frogs and that beautiful dragonfly, stunning.xx

Doreen said...

Love all your details Chrissy, a gorgeous card.xxxx

Dawn T said...

Awesome Chrissy. So much texture on this one.

Margreet said...

Another beautiful card, Chrissy. Love to see all of your photos with the mess you can made. But the end result is always wonderful!
xx Margreet

Chris said...

Amazing background in such beautiful colours, your lilies frogs and dragonfly are fabulous, lovely dimension and great splattering! Love it!
xx

Caroline said...

Nice work.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is just AMAZING my friend! Your cards are ALWAYS SO inspiring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

pinky said...

Wow what a process Chrissy. I love the finished card, so eye catching and beautiful.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Chrissy

gr karin

Sarah said...

A lovely pondy scene!!

*Vicki* said...

I do so love the way the little dragonfly and froggie turned out Chrissy! Love your little details on them! The entire pond scene looks brilliant all pulled together for a beautiful project!! HUGS

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Chrissy this is yet another stunner your work is out of this world all you do is so detailed so inspirational and so beautiful brilliant work
hugs
Lorraine x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow you did a fabulous job with this, I especially love how you did the dragonfly and the frogs, just perfection!!

Nicolette said...

Wow very nice.
Thanks for sharing it at 2Sistersontehblog.
Nicolette DT

Vickie Y said...

WoW! What a gorgeous background and card! Thank you for sharing how you created your fabulous background and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.