Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2022

GRUNGE MIXED MEDIA TIMES TWO..

 Hello everyone,

The wedding orders are still coming in, so been quite busy so thank goodness for scheduling..

Saturday morning while typing this up and it is chilly..sunny, but chilly, so scheduling this project which took a few days to make waiting for texture paste to dry and paint to dry, and I had such a great time making them both....and sorry, there is a huge amount of photos, I had to capture it all..




So I started off by spraying my card stock first...


Saltwater taffy and then Kitch Flamingo..


When dry I stamped it with travel stamps..like postage stamps.


Stencil paste onto this one..
 coloured up with Distress ink Saltwater Taffy..


Then splattered it...


Then inked it around the edges with Vintage photo..


Then spritzed with water... and this happened..awesome.
Set aside to dry 100%..




Next one, I smeared white paste onto the inky background..
 which was the same as the other one...


Added ink while still wet and water..


Very textured and yummy..


Still wetish...


Drizzled watered down Vintage photo and let it run..


Splattered vintage photo as well..


Then using Hero Arts Ink I stencil circles or bubbles..


There's the stencil..


and I loved how these both turned out..


So while all the drying and things were going on, 
I die cut leaves and flowers...
Rose leaves..


Cone Flower leaves...


So glad I had these packs...



Tim Holtz card stock for cutting flowers...they matched so well...


Cone flowers....


All inked and stained..


Giving it a go placing them around the panel..


And sorting out washi tapes.. 


Still fluffing about, trying to fit the sentiment





 and had to use corrugated card stock along the bottom..
That worked, along with some washi tapes from my stash...




All glued down and white splatters appeared when I wasn't looking....


So card number one just made me so happy...





Card number two went through the same process as one...
just different flowers, 
these are my favourite layering roses and used the buds from another set..



Honey Bee buds..


using TH card..


And again, so very happy..




So there we go..writing this post just inspired me to make more
 as these were made a few weeks [ months] ago and after all the weddings and DT that I have been ploughing ahead with I needed a mojo kick and these did it..

Thank you so much for stopping by, so love to see you here..
I'll see you again after the weekend, I'm going grunging!!..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...


Creative Fingers Challenge  [anything goes]


Ellibelle's Corner  [anything goes]

Allsorts challenge blog  [make you own background]







22 comments:

Janette said...

What gorgeous cards Chrissy, alot of work has gone into these but worth it. Happy 'grunging' :)) xx

aussie aNNie said...

You make me laugh, stuffin about and all, but I tell you I just love your colour choices and beautiful stunning results. You never cease to amaze me... xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards Chrissy and more of your beautiful die-cut flowers
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Chrissy just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste
Carol GD x

Chris said...

An amazing post Chrissy- so love to see how you create your wonderful backgrounds and build up your beautiful card designs. These two beauties are little works of art, anyone would be happy to have created them!
xx

Margreet said...

Love your long post. This way I can imagine that I'm standing next to you while creating.
Both cards have fab backgrounds and wonderful flowers. Gorgeous makes!
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AM-AZE-ING, what gorgeous work and so very beautiful results. Thanks for all the piccies. Marvellous flower dies, used so beautifully.
Faith x

Valerie-Jael said...

Your cards are always wonderful, love the backgrounds, and he build up of lovely layers, BIG wow! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards, just adore your backgrounds. Anesha x

Dawn T said...

Amazing cards Chrissy. Love seeing all the steps - all that texture and colours. Just awesome

Conniecrafter said...

Your backgrounds are so neat and i agree that those papers made for some lovely layered flowers! Both beautiful creations!
Enjoy your grunging

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Chrissy

gr karin

Ellibelle said...

I am so loving how these turned out! So many amazing details and gorgeous colors! I really appreciate that you shared how you did each step too as I always struggle with mixed media but love it so much!

So glad you linked up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! This would also be so perfect for the current Allsorts challenge of "make your own background". Hope you will link up there too :)
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

pinky said...

Never apologise for posting too many photos. I NEED to see them. You do so many different things with your backgrounds and I am learning some all the time! The cards are absolutely beautiful!!

Sarah said...

These are gorgeous chrissy. I really love the dusky muted colours and fab texture xx

Sarn said...

WOW! Just WOW.
Great photo's of your process and the results are phenomenal. xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous project and I loved seeing the pictures of your process too, very interesting and most informative. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lorraine

Pauline C said...

These cards are both amazing ... the amount of detail and work in each one is stupendous, and the pictures of the work in progress extremely interesting and inspiring. Both are fabulous but my favourite has to be the coneflowers ... i particularly love the way that background turned out, and the shading on the flower petals is out of this world. Thanks so much for joining us at this fortnight's Allsorts challenge.
Pauline xx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and stunning card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

Brenda said...

Beautiful! I just love both these die sets and but you really made these come to life. Your colors are breathtaking.

Dena J said...

Wow! Fabulous sharing of your process and that is sooo helpful for those of us that admire mixed media and need encouragement and support to try it out. I agree with all the praise of my teammates- stunning details and colors! Thank you for sharing with Allsorts.

Andree said...

Wonderful cards! Lovely colour blends, gorgeous textures and fabulous techniques.
Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x