Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2022

EASING INTO SEPTEMBER WITH EASEL CARDS...

 Hello everyone,

So a post or two ago I used a flower die or showed a card using the die and said, I forgot how much I loved this die set, so you know what happened.....yes, I fished it out and went crazy..

So Bockingford water coloured paper, die cutting,lots of it, and water painting, and starting off by sharing the pink one...


So pink, First coat and second coat...


paints are looking a bit manky but still do the job.


Gave a bit more depth by not using so much water for this final touch up...


Got carried away here, but that's okay..


Yikes, she's layered up pretty good...


Finished main rose...


Tray full ready to go with the leaves and veins and splatters and little gold centers..


Displayed on my tray......now what...I always do this and it looks good but then I have to move it and it never comes out the same..even if I take a picture to copy, nope, not the same!!!


Die cut the bird cage and added chubby Bees, one inside one on top..

'

Some tule tucked and glued behind some leaves, just makes it easier to poke in behind
the flower display..


Planned to add the cage onto the top of the flowers,
 but then does anything go as planned?




Chose papers..


After distressing the edges of the panels, 
layered then up and started adding leaves etc...


Packing, I had this bit and I stood on it, deliberately stood on it
to make it flat but still dimensional...


Notice the string on the cage went and I found this little piece of necklace chain with closure so used that intsead..


Added some stamped and fussy cut envelopes...


Yes, it is very dimensional, but still went through at $3.40NZ postage..



And here she is, all done and forgot that this was not an easel after all...ha ha ha..
the easel will come tomorrow now,  or I could have changed the title, but then there was no fun in that..
So easel cards will start tomorrow..

And look...very chuffed once again..




and seen I let you down with no easel..I'll leave you with this..
a very proud Great Granmother am I ..


Welcome Freya Jean Ellison
Born 1st Sept 2.40 pm..
8lb 1oz..


Hadley is very happy to be a big brother and very caringly said to his Nan..
"it's okay I won't squeeze it"..

Oh lord...lol...

Luv CHRISSYxx













12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild, what a beauty. And big brother is a sweetie, too. All the best for the lovely family! Your card is gorgeous, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

First off Chrissy, big congrats on the new babe who looks beautiful and so comfy in Hadleys arms, sweet boy.:))
I love your non-easel card, its very beautiful and well designed, love it.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card Chrissy and congratulations with your granddaughter

gr karin

Lynne said...

Your card is gorgeous as always Chrissy and congrats on the new arrival, she looks beautiful and big brother's little face made me smile x

Chris said...

gorgeous card with those beautiful pink roses, sweet little bees and fabulous dimension...looking forward to the easel!
....and HUGE congratulations to the proud great grandmother! A beautiful little girl to add to your family...so glad Hadley didn't 'squeeze it'!!! He's going to be a lovely big brother!
xxx

coldwaters2 said...

CONGRATULATioNS Chrissy your little granddaughter looks beautiful, also congratulations on your win I am not at all surprised it is a beauty and WOW WOW WOW the card that you have made is stunning the amazing detail of the elements and design are outstanding I would love to make a card like that. Thank you also for your supportive comment on my blog I am using my Chromebook that I have at my mum's the internet provider is different and it is so fast I am actually enjoying myself, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Waited for the easel part.....have to wait until tomorrow....LOL.
Loved again the growing of your fantastic card.
And HUGE congratulations on becoming a Great Granmother again. She looks beautiful and so is her name. Great photo with big brother Hadley.
xxx Margreet

pinky said...

Oh wow congratulations great granny!! She is a wee beauty and Hadley looks very proud! I love your card, the flower layers are gorgeous and the packing was such a brill idea. I have a roll of that netting but only seem to use it on baby cards so must get it out more. Once gorgeous card.

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous new Great Grandaughter,love the name.Gorgeous card and flowers love the Bees and little envelopes
Carol x

Brenda said...

Chrissy, congratulations, even more joy in your life now! As for your non=easel card, it couldn't be more gorgeous. I love all the details.

Conniecrafter said...

oh my that is gorgeous, the cage with the bees and the pretty flowers with the envelopes such a pretty arrangement of the card.
Congrats on that sweet new grandbaby

Sarah said...

First of all Chrissy CONGRATULATIONS, what a gorgeous baby girl and Hadley looks SO proud. Hope everyone is doing well. We are looking forward to being Grandparents again in the New Year. Your card is stunning, such wonderful layers xx