Followers

Saturday, September 17, 2022

HAPPY SATURDAY.

 Hello everyone,

Well, what a ride I have been on with family deaths this last month or so...three of them, 

My Sister in law dies 6 weeks ago.. then my Stepmother dies 4 weeks ago and then my darling Brother early this week..ex husband to the sister in law...sheez..terrible, hard to keep it together really.

So, I buried myself in my Craft room and let the world pass me by for a little while and now I've come out and doing okay...although people get sick and you sort of know the outcome, it is still such a shock when it happens and all three of them in the month..

So, with all that said and felt, I'm moving on to another project I made quite some time ago and didn't know I liked it so much until I opened the folder and looked at it again, so here it is..

Monochromatic.......and a bird..


So, rummaging through some more leftovers, and all the greys were speaking to me..


and I started with this gorgeous flower, Altenew Layered Wood Flower Die Set.


And these one were/are Altenew Mini flower cluster Layering set..


A eucalyptus leaf in the background cut twice or leftover from something..


Put them all together..


and tape them in the back to keep them in the design they were intended for..


I stenciled using white pigment ink through a dotted background.


and while holding my breath,
 I very carefully flipped my flower spray over and put it into place, 


and added this gorgeous little bird, 
cut out in white then inked with dauber and two tone grey inks with
a tiny gem for his eye..


Gold embossed sentiment..


Love these crystal gems, they look black until you glue them down, 
same as the bird's eye..


Dimension.....not a lot.




And there we go..all done...

Thank you so much for stopping by, I'll see you tomorrow,
probably with more grey....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....


Craft Rocket Challenges  [ Dots and or stripes]










11 comments:

Janette said...

So sorry for your loss Chrissy, its awful isn't it.
This card is just stunning, I love the soft colourway, it has a beauty all its own, really my favourite and thats hard with your creations.
Take care lovely lady.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chrissy,great stencilled background and love the beautiful floral spray.So sorry to hear about the family deaths and wow 3 in a month! Be thinking of you
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card Chrissy. So sorry to hear of all the deaths in your family, that is really hard. Sorry for your loss! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Can understand that you buried yourself. So happy it was in your craftroom and not in a coffin. Feeling sorry for all your losses. Hang in there my friend and I keep you in my thoughts.
Your card is gorgeous with all those flowers and I'm in love with that sweet bird.
Wishing you a nice weekend.
xxx Margreet

pinky said...

Ach so sorry for all your loses Chrissy. It's a real shock when you get a run like that! Sending hugs. The craft room is definitely a haven of peace where you can set your worries aside for a while. Your project today is absolutely gorgeous!!

Chris said...

Awww Chrissy, so sad for you, to lose three loved ones in such a short time is hard to deal with. Sending hugs and sympathy.
Your card is so beautiful, love the soft monochromatic colours.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning card, love the gorgeous colours as well x
Sorry for your loss my friend x

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear of your losses Chrissy, hope you are okay. Another lovely card, love the stencilled dots xx

Brenda said...

Iʻm so sorry for all you have been through recently. Youʻre right, no matter the circumstances, itʻs always so hard when you lose family or friends. Sending big hugs your way. As for this beautiful card, what can I say. I LOVE it!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Chrissy I am so very sorry to hear all that you have had to deal with in the past month, that is more than anyone should have to deal with.
Best place to go to is locked in your craft room for sure, and just look at one of the beautiful creations you have come up with, lovely bird all tucked in with the lovely flowers.