Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

NOT A RECTANGLE OR SQUARE DT...

 Hello everyone,

Time for a new challenge over at LITTLE RED WAGON  and this week our fabulous hostess is BRENDA.. and she want to see...

 ANYTHING BUT SQUARE OR RECTANGLE...back in the day, I would have hidden myself away again, but now I'm used to doing things out of my comfort zone and this new card shape thing is one of them..in fact I really enjoyed myself and it sat up and rocked...

I made an oval rocker card..



I know it looks round, but it really is an oval...


Joined the front to the back...


Chose card stock in this gorgeous teal and the last of my papers with spots..
and showing the pad with squares???


pretty..


All because of this beautiful image with her lovely hat and flowers..


The bottom came together really well after layering up ovals and a frame
and the flowers and leaves..


Was going to put the last of these wooden butterflies on
 that I painted or sprayed, but,


I think I liked the turquoise butterfly instead..


Cause that was what I glued on, and it was going nowhere,
 added a gold embossed stamped sentiment


and a scattering of pearls..


She's dimensional, for sure..




and there she is, standing up, no leaning and she rocks..

So, there we go, thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

TTCRD    [anything goes]


A Perfect Time to Craft  [anythin ggoes]







18 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous Chrissy.
FABulous colours and a FABulous design.
Chrissyxx

Janette said...

Really beautiful card Chrissy, love the papers, so pretty and that gorgeous image is just stunning.xx

Dawn T said...

so pretty Chrissy. It's one gorgeous card.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is a beautiful image and all your embellishments with it matches perfectly and compliment it so well. I have such a hard time with round cards I can't imagine how hard it is to get the oval card to stand.

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Hi Chrissy, oh how delightful! your card is stunning, I so love vintage! Hugs, Zowie x

Margreet said...

Awesome vintage oval rocker, Chrissy. All fits the image so well. Love your photo and comment on the dotted papers. But all is well that ends well, isn't it? It is a gorgeous creation.
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, wow, wow! FANTASTIC! Gorgeous card! Hugs, Valerie

Brenda said...

She's a beauty, Chrissy. Your remind me of a chef..."a little of this, and a dash of that, and voila" another masterpiece.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chrissy love the beautiful image and flowers
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous card , lovely added sentiment and a beautiful design, ♥

Pia S said...

It’s always inspiring to see a shaped card. It’s just laziness on my part always going for the comfortable and easy A2 size. I like how everything has come together. The scattered pearls look nice and you chose the right butterfly:)

Doni High said...

Beautiful card, Chrissy! I really do like the way you layer things...wish I had that talent! :)

Sarah said...

She's a beaut Chrissy and that's my favourite summer colour so ticks all the boxes for me xx

Kate said...

This is such a beautiful card! The dimension is absolutely fabulous and I just love the look of vintage with the wonderful turquoise! Gorgeous!

JanR said...

What a lovely card! I adore the colours and all the flowers look so pretty. Loving the pearls too!

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning, like an old box of chocolates and the colours are so so gorgeous!

Chris said...

You have framed this elegant lady perfectly Chrissy, a gorgeous rocker card in such beautiful colours.
xx