Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RIBBON..

 Hello everyone,

Have you got some ribbon in your stash, just a bit or a LOT.. well, this week at Little Red Wagon  our lovely Brenda is our hostess and she has chosen the theme ..."Make it with Ribbon"

So I did...


Out came my 40Lt bin of ribbons, which I needed but rarely use..


Selected a few, then put some back, changed my mind, then settled...


White card stock covered in double sided tape..


Then laid the ribbons down on the sticky bit..


Flipped it and trimmed it..


Now I have a ribbon panel..


I found this little cutie online and printed it out quite big..
Then fussy cut him out..


Die cut this awesome Birthday sentiment..


Put them both together onto the card...loved it.


Nice and flat for posting..


Added yellow enamel dots..done..


So, there we go.. do come on over and join in with your ribbon projects..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...






18 comments:

Janette said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chrissy, I wish I could use some ribbon up instead of every now and then, I have noticed weaving making a come back so maybe give that a try too, but this is beautiful.xx

Chris said...

A great way to use up some of your huge stash of ribbon Chrissy! so bright bold and colourful , it makes a perfect background for the cute elephant- a fun card for a child!
xx

Margreet said...

That's a great way to use up your ribbons, Chrissy. Love that big sentiment!
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

What a fabulous card and a way to use up some ribbon scraps too! We all have a ton of them I'm sure. Love your fun card and that cute image.
Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

I have lots of gorgeous ribbons - do I use them? Guess! Love your gorgous card, very cleverly made! Hugs, Valerie

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a great way to use ribbon snippets too.
Kath x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is super cute and beautiful card, great idea Chrissy

gr karin

Brenda said...

What a wonderful idea! Iʻve done this with paper strips but never ribbon...good way to use up stash for sure. And what a wonderful result. The little elie is perfect for your gorgeous ribbon background. You certainly do have a knack for finding the perfect images on line.

Sarah said...

What a lovely idea to make use of your ribbon stash, I have one or two (hundred) metres myself!! That elephant was the perfect image too xx

Doni High said...

Love that you made your background out of ribbon...you clever girl!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute elephant and ribbon background
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card, love these colours together

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever you. I love the colourful image on top of the ribbons, they were made to match certainly. Love the Large sentiment, a fabulous card Chrissy.
Faith x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is so fun and way too cute. I am the same way have plenty of ribbon but hardly use it, this is a great idea!

JanR said...

When I was looking at this in the link up I couldn't figure out where your ribbon was - had no idea it was the background! Such a clever idea! Makes a perfect backing for that cute elephant. Cool die cut sentiment too.

Imke said...

Chrissy, first i also thought about something like this but then use my tiny little twine ;-). It looks fabulous and with this cute elephant is has become a fun and bright B-day card !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Paperesse said...

What an excellent idea!!! Your card turned out beautifully. Love the bright ribbons as a background and your image and sentiment go so well together.

Kate said...

What a creative way to use ribbon!! Such a bright, happy and fun card too!

And 40L of ribbon?! That made me laugh! I'm glad you were able to make a dent in your stash. :)