Followers

Thursday, December 29, 2022

BOXING DAY FUN..

 Hello, hello, hello,

It's seems like months since I've been on my blog, so many days fly by in a blurr, family are away on their holiday, sitting in a tent in a mosquito infested paddock is not my cup of tea, with 6 dogs and 4 kids, eek..I can think of a much better place........HERE.

So I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and looking forward to a new year 2023..

I received some neat gifts and one was this box, and I just had to alter it straight away as it was such a beautiful blue..okay, it wasn't really just a box, it had a bottle of smelly stuff and some sticks that you put in there and it makes your house smell nice- ish..



This is the box, tall, flaps cut off and ready for decoration.
and see the die set to the left, it's new, bought it myself and it arrived just after I had packed my Christmas stuff, sort of, away..


I also received this glass cutting board and it just had
to go into my craft room.


Sorted out these papers by Teresa Collins, had them for years,
 leftovers only now though..


and after trimming, they fitted perfectly..


So once glued down, I used white modelling paste to go
over the edges..


All four sides..


Did some, or a lot of die cutting and gluing together the layers..


Adding white berries..


Some pine cones..


and then glued the first spray on..


Next side.. then repeat..


Under the pinecones I went with a scene to fill the bottom up..
so, plenty of die cutting again and adding the cream colour card
from the flowers, behind the windows.


Getting an idea of what I was going to do......then didn't.


Sort of did,
 but when the glue is on,
 the die cuts never seem to go where I thought they would..


Mmmm..added a snowflake but the paper stops you from seeing it..
bit too much pattern..


The snowflake die is a Magnolia doohickey die set, love it.


Side one....


Side two...


First angle...



Laying flat..


Second side, laying flat..

And that's it..

So, thank you so much for stopping by,
and I wish you all a very Happy, healthy, safe New Year 2023..

Luv CHRISSYxx




13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

How lovely Chrissy, those papers are just gorgeous and all the dies you used are so pretty. Got to ask what was that pen thingy, did it have to little berries in, can't quite make it out but looks very interesting :))
Hope you have a nice new years eve planned, I am off to my daughters again, family get together, we must really like each other hahaha. All the best Chrissy.xx

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chrissy, your recycled box turned out amazing! I adore the little snow-covered village and all of the details look incredible! I need to live inside your mind for a day so that I can look at a box and know how to create right away with it! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration friend! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and look forward to seeing more of your makes in the New Year! Biggest hugs

Conniecrafter said...

I think your stay at home was a smart idea and look at all the fun you had decorating your gorgeous box, the modeling paste gave a great snowy look to it. I like how you decorated each panel!
Wishing you a happy 2023!

Sarah said...

What a fantastic upcycle Chrissy, lovely papers and the die cuts are perfectly placed, as always. Hope you had a wonderful christmas and I wish you a healthy and happy 2023 xx

pam said...

Gorgeous recycled box you created Chrissy.
Happy New Year 2023
Pam x

Margreet said...

Stunning recycled box Chrissy. You're such a star in altering things.
Love your description and photos. I almost forget that beautiful Doohickey die, which I also own.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative 2023!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Your recycled box looks gorgeous Chrissy, pretty papers in lovely soft colours and beautiful die cuts.
Like you, I'd much prefer to be at home than in a tent -even without the mosquitos!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous box Chrissy, love all the details.
Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2023
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, and stunning design and colours. . I hope too hope you had a wonderful Christmas plus a happy New Year 2023

Pia S said...

These papers seem to have been waiting for you to receive this box. I like how each side is different, but equally beautiful, and coverede with dimensional die cuts. Very pretty.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful upcycle. Youʻve may this into a present itself.

Paperesse said...

Oh my, what a stunning upcycling project!!! I love how you've given another life to this box and used up your bits and pieces to do it, too.