Followers

Monday, February 27, 2023

UNDER THE SEA..

 Hello everyone,

When it comes to Art journaling, I just LOVE it, I love to watch on You Tube, I have my favourite crafters doing their thing and really wanted to make a book, a whole book, not just a page here and there and then put it away as I didn't know how to carry on..so this time I am sticking to it, I have the time and need to keep the freedom in my head, not take charge, just do it and think, this is a scene card but twice, no four times the size, so just do it..and I'm doing double page spreads with this book...and it is growing..

So here we go..


Book open and sorted my papers..


Then cut random squares..


Gluing them down......and ran out!


The nearest papers I had left were these soft woodgrain..


So mixed and matched the square until the pages were full
and I don't think you can even tell??


Because I sealed the pages with matt medium, I could
then use my big brush markers and do some highlighting.


I use my fingers to smudge the ink before it dries, but you gotta be fast.



With out the shadows it is patchy and a bit boring..


With, looks pretty good..


This seahorse I made with my clay, and now I have lost the mold, 
I have no idea where it has gone!!


These two I made with a different mold and resin, first time and scared me to death, it sets so fast, that I nearly over stirred as it started to cure before I poured, so next time when it says stir for 15 seconds, it means it.


Time to add under water weeds etc..
so, this leaf die was really handy as it had a floaty look to it..


These ones had a climbing look..


This one was being a pain until I rubbed her belly..


Coral dies cut in coloured paper.


Leaves getting water coloured..


Everything was water coloured in layers..


All my bits ready to stick down, 
even though I never used the boat in the end, the proportion was all wrong.


Gluing and making an awesome mess, my fingers were so sticky
and when this stuff dries it leaves a skin on your fingers and arms and top of your foot that you can peel off, quite fun actually unless it's stuck in your hairs on your arm..


So glued down thickly as I don't want curl ups!.


The sea bed..


Little seahorse's and bubbles...


And the big one on the other side..
I added ribbons onto the inside cover to hold the book shut as it is rather bulky..
and it looks pretty tied in a bow on my bench.

My quote stickers say...

" Make a difference"

" Start doing things you love"

" and have an open heart"

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

My posts are getting to be the size of the War and Peace book,
but,
I had a lot to share..

I'll see you Wednesday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Allsorts challenge  [matching Pairs]

Crafty Calendar    [add ribbon]

Creative Fingers   [anything goes #249]

Through the Purple Haze   [anything goes]








18 comments:

brenda said...

Your pages look like great fun to create with lots of different techniques, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

I'd like to be in a garden of sea with you and your creativity , love this Chrissy xx

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Chrissy. I started an art journal about 5 yrs ago and only done about 1/2 dozen pages.

Janette said...

I love reading your posts Chrissy so don't start cutting them short, make me laugh....alot...sometimes too....Anyways, what a great book, love the patchwork and the depth you gave it and all the little creatures too, bet you had alot of fun.xxx

Chris said...

Your journal pages are wonderful Chrissy- and didn't you have the best time creating them! It's so good to just 'go with the flow' and create- especially when the finished result is a work of art like this! Love to see Holly getting in on the act too. xx
Wearing my DT hat...thank you so much for sharing your beautiful artwork at Crafty Calendar this month, so pleased you chose to play along.

Margreet said...

Wonderful pages, Chrissy. And while reading your story of the making of, my smile got bigger and bigger.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page spread love the under water theme and how you created the background
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal page, wow! Have a great week, hugs,Valerie

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful page spread with such great details and colors! Hoping you will find the seahorse mold, it's got to be somewhere!! Cute kitty too!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

jimlynn said...

Awesome plus! I love the little seahorses and bubbles - and wow on the backgrounds too! Can't wait to see more of your book now.
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

that is a cool patch work background and I love your water scene with it. I too journal, I try to do something everyday but that doesn't always happen.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love this Chrissy. Ooh I do hope you get your sea horse mold....you have made such pretty sea horses!!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Sarah said...

Wow, wow and wow again!! This is beautiful and once full you are going to need a crane to lift it!! I did smile about the glue and the arm hair...ouch!! Hope the seahorse mould turns up!! xx

*Vicki* said...

Wow is right here Chrissy!! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous AJ layout with all of the wonderful details using your seahorses and underwater elements! Such a brilliant way to make the background with your cut squares! So much texture and details on this! Can't wait to see more of your book and so happy you enjoy Art Journaling! Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration!

Brenda said...

Amazing spread, Chrissy. Thanks again for sharing your process (especially the belly scratching, Holly always makes me smile). Canʻt wait to see what you do next.

Linby said...

Beautiful work, it looks amazing. Thank you for sharing the process. I sometimes feel like everyone gets it right first time! Thanks so much for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

Lisa said...

First I love the scrappy background, I love the layout. Oh your sweet kitty, she looks comfortable. Good thing you had time for a belly rub.