Followers

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

FEEL BETTER..DT

 Hello everyone,

Been a busy old day this morning, all nice stuff, had my hair done and it made me like a million dollars, did some shopping, got a new nighty..lol..the things that make us happy..AND, some quality chocolates which I plan to devour after dinner tonight..yum..

But for now, the reason we are here is another new challenge over at Little Red Wagon and our hostess is our lovely Doni and her theme is ...FEEL BETTER - Get well or encouragement.

My project was simple and fast...


The flowers I made last week sometimes while I was "Trapped " in my house.
{ we were not allowed to go anywhere as people were and getting in the way of emergency vehicles}


Love the layering, new Tim Holtz daisy flower..love those leaves, going to use them a lot with other dies as well..oh, wait, I have not added the veins here..


Ahh..veins. never thought I would be happy to see veins..

and that wee panel is a paper towel after spraying butterflies and mounted or wrapped around cardboard, I haven't used it yet, but I will, just thought I would mention it as it was sitting there in the photo.


Butterfly from butterfly making day, just needed background papers and a sentiment..
BUT..
The die cut images just faded away on the papers and I could not really see the sentiment, so needed a panel..


And this scrap from the flower was just the right size and leftover and the last of it's colour..
Phew, it saved the day..


Then changed the sentiment die cut for a " Get Well Soon" ..


Added my butterflies [from butterfly making day].. onto the panel


And some more little clusters of flowers from a set from Altenew, love these too for filling gaps.

and DONE!


So do come on over and show us your cards or journal pages or anything you like as long as it fits the theme you are good to go..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow or Thursday..oh, wait tomorrow is Thursday, yay only 2 more sleeps and it's the Friday and then the weekend..which means I stay at home for 4 days and do whatever I want..my weekends are 4 days long. isn't that great, should have bought more chocolate!!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Shopping our stash   [Flowers, flowers everywhere]

Can you Handle the pressure   [anything goes- twist things with wings]








22 comments:

Chris said...

This gorgeous card would make anyone feel better Chrissy, your fab flowers, leaves and butterflies sit so perfectly on the embossed panel.
Isn't it funny how much better we feel after a hair do ? I remember during Lockdown that it was months before I could get a hair cut- I felt like Rapunzel- BUT NOT in a good way!!! Enjoy those chocs!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

WONDERFUL CARD cHRISSY: gLAD YOU GOT YOUR HAIR DONE; THAT#S SOMETHING i NEED TO DO; TOO; i LOOK LIKE A FLOOR MOP! Sorry, pressed the wrong button! Enjoy your chocolate, I have a big bar in my cupboard - ssssh! don't tell! Hugs, Valerie

jimlynn said...

Pretty flowers and a lovely, lovely and beautiful card!
Lynn

Margreet said...

Gorgeous get well card, Chrissy. Love the new leaves with the veins.
You only have weekends of 4 days long??? Mine are 7 days long.....LOL.
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Chrissy! I'm so in love with your color and the large blooms too! You've done such a brilliant job with the textures and layers on this! Wonderful inspiration my friend and enjoy your chocolates tonight!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

Dawn T said...

Stunning Chrissy. A beautiful card.

Paperesse said...

Wowsa!!! Gorgeous card, Chrissy! Anyone receiving this card would feel better instantly on seeing it. Bravo!

Janette said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, love the colours and those flowers are so pretty.
I need a new 'do' asap sounds like you had a nice day out, and I hope you enjoy your chocs, haha, have fun.xx

Darlene said...

Oh Chrissy, you had to have known I would LOVE this card! The color of course is my favorite and your designs are ALWAYS AMAZING! Love how you've used the embossed panel behind these awesome flowers! YOU GO GIRL ...
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins this Friday, March 3rd. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Doni High said...

Oh my goodness Chrissy, this is absolutely gorgeous and I love it!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I so love the colors you used and the pretty arrangement you have made with it all, pretty details on the butterfly and like the embossed piece you added to it!

Makira said...

💗💗💗this!! I saw this at the Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, Disneyworld, FL, USA. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ or with #parkhoppingmyhappyplace on Instagram. Cheers, Makira

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chrissy,love the layers,colour and beautiful dies
Carol x

dj said...

Gorgeous!! So much fabulous detail!! I am especially loving those beaded blooms!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for play along with our "Flowers, Flowers Everywhere" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! —Deb Horst, DT #SOS491

Lisa said...

Gorgeous die cut flowers. Super colors you used.

JanR said...

Fantastic card! All the die cuts are so wonderful and I'm absolutely loving all the purple! You are certainly making the most of your time while homebound.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

pinky said...

Nothing like a bit of nice shopping to pick you up and a hair doo! This card would definitely lift a persons spirits for sure. Love the colours you used and that gorgeous big bloom!

Imke said...

Your card is very beautiful and also elegant. I like these little pearls on the flowers - just great.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Kate said...

Such a beautiful card, Chrissy! Those little flowers really do fill in the gaps so wonderfully. And lucky you with your hair, shopping and chocolate day - and four day weekends!!

Brenda said...

Your cards are absolutely a work of art, Chrissy. This one is gorgeous and would definitely make my day.