Followers

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

LUCKY FIND..

 Hello everyone,

I was in my craft room, and there was this basket way up the top of the [ what once was] wardrobe bookcase and it was crooked,



 well, we can't have crooked so I reached up to straighten it, and it would not straighten or go back.


 well, we can't have crooked so I reached up to straighten it, and it would not straighten or go back..so out came my step ladder and up I went..
AND!!!!


I found my missing mold, Stamperia Steampunk things, I'm so happy.

So, while I'm here and all happy and stuff, I will share a stencil I made and a card..


Nothing mind blowing but fun..


I could have made more holes, but less is more,
 and I wanted to have a go at oxide inks layering..


After the first layer I've learned to wait or help dry the layers,
 that was the error I have been making..


Oop's skipped a step, but this was layer three and looking okay..


When dry I could see the circle of colour underneath so was a bonus..


Oh, poo, it bled..I splattered with water, duh!..
oxides react and they bled, but not too much..


Popped on the wonderful die cut butterfly..


and added a gold embossed sentiment, and gems,
 which took on the colour  of the oxides..
They were clear, but that's okay too..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you later on..

Luv CHRISSYxx









11 comments:

Margreet said...

What a surprising day for you.....found back your missing mould....and you discovered that oxides react....happily it still looks great.
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Lucky indeed, glad you found your forgotten stash. Wonderful card, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

So happy for you to have found that Chrissy, a happy find.
I love your card, the background is really lovely and soft.xx

Chris said...

Your stencilled card is beautiful Chrissy- playing with stencils is my favourite new game, I'm going to try this!
xx

jimlynn said...

Love the Oxides on here and your card is so pretty. The butterfly looks as if it's taking flight!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful result from forgotten and lost stash Chrissy. The colour mix and die are just gorgeous.
Faith x

KarinsArtScrap said...

thats great that you find it again Chrissy and a gorgeous card you have made

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Good find with the mould-Beautiful card and butterfly love the background too
Carol x

Sarah said...

I was expecting to see Holly up there!! So pleased you found the missing mold. A great card too xx

*Vicki* said...

Yay! Don't you love a good find?! I'm excited to see what you do with it! Your slimline card is just colorful and stunning! That butterfly is quite gorgeous with it's red dimensional wings and I love the circled background you've made for it!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I wish I could find a couple things I have lost in my room, congrats on finding it. Pretty background on your card and the butterfly is so lovely and delicate!