Followers

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

PAINTED WOODEN BUTTERFLIES..

 Hello everyone,

Brr, tis a chilly day here today, but I won't complain, I moan about the heat so much, now the season is turning real fast.

Painted butterflies is why we are here today, they were not perfect, but they were fun, and the backgrounds made all the difference..


So, these backgrounds were made ages ago, 
I kept them because they were really cool..



I used up cut strips of striped papers from MFT


and just glued wee bits on an angle.



Then had these really skinny strips [I never throw anything away]
and glued them in between..
They were then put away for later use..


I purchased these wooden butterflies recently,
 I have used some like this  before and coloured then, 
but this time I wanted then bright,,ish.


So out came my water paints, love water painting things, and they 
were painted pink and yellow..


and green and orange, then black dots added,
 but not perfect, I didn't want that..


There they all are, left them alone so they could dry,
and I was busy, busy, busy in the kitchen that day..


This stamp set of flowers was a gift along with some other things from my friend BRENDA
and I love them, its stamps and die cuts and instead of using colours, I kept them black and white..






So my backgrounds were ready, 


Added the black and white stamped and cut flowers and leaves..


Then yellow and pink???


Orange and green???


Went with the pink..


Was given this box of wood stamps, all love and thanks etc, 
so used on of them..


After some stamping practice..


So that left my orange and green butterflies, well, it be rude not to use them,
so found some papers that shouldn't really work, but they did..



Florals and square, okay!, and on went the butterflies..


There you are, all finished with the leftover stamped and cut flowers..


Along with the pretty pink and yellow..

what a great day..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

613 Avenue Create    [Say it with flowers ]

Stamping Sensations   [Anything stamped]




















18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wooooooooooooooooooow! Short comment, shaky hands! Hugs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards Chrissy and you have painted the butterflies great

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Love this my friend, love the gorgeous butterflies and wouldn't have thought they were wooden ones either... brilliant post xx❤️

Janette said...

These are gorgeous and so creative, love to see crafters use up the stash they have, I have a box filled with remnants I really should take your lead :)) xx

Chris said...

The black and white backgrounds and stamps contrast perfectly with these pretty, colourful butterflies. Both beautiful card Chrissy.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well! What a busy Gal you've been, I love all your colourful butterflies and how you used them on your gorgeous cards. I love the colour with the black and white.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

You always amaze me with your wonderful creations - and today is no exception. WHOA! I LOVE all the fun butterflies and also that background on the first one - amazing. I'm saving all my scraps now too! LOVE these so much.
Lynn

Margreet said...

Both cards are gorgeous with the lovely painted butterflies.
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

These are both really beautiful Chrissy! I love the way you've arranged the flowers vertically and added your beautiful painted butterflies over top! Great use of those scraps for the layout too!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love all the black and white wiith just the coloured butterflies
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards love the black and white with just the coloured butterflies
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

brenda said...

Many thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Linby said...

A very creative idea to add the colour just to the butterflies, the results are stunning. Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I like the idea of keeping the flowers plain so that the butterflies take center stage!

Dora said...

Very creative. Thank you for showing. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Sarah said...

Wow they look amazing xx

pinky said...

Oh they are both so gorgeous Chrissy. Love how you made the background with the stripped papers. I might have to give that a go!

Brenda said...

Iʻm so glad you were able to put these goodies to such beautiful use. I would have never thought to leave them black and white, but with the beautiful butterflies, it looks great!