Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2023

TAGS AND CIRCLES..

 Hello everyone,

What happens when you are starting out doing something and then you get side tracked with something that is supposed to be quick but you end up doing three of something and what you should have been doing is now a rush..[SIGH ].. thank goodness today is only Thursday and what is needed is not until Saturday, so I have all day today and Friday to get them done.....unless I get side tracked, oh dear..

This is what I made yesterday and getting them posted by the skin on my teeth..


I try to play at Tag Tuesday as I quite like making tags, they are usually quick and very useful as bookmarks or on gifts etc and they sell well at my son's mechanic store.


As the theme is circles, I hauled out my die cutting box and look what I found..
loads of circles and some even a surprise to me.


Found these panels I made with Nuvo shimmer powders and trimmed them
 and clipped the corners, 
now have three tags..

Onto tag one..


using a bottle top and dipping into white paint, I made a circle background..


Then picked out these beauties, gosh ,I get excited over funny things,
 but these ones made me so happy.


Then I did this to them..cut the middle out!!


Glued them on the right side of the tag..


Die cut and added little boats..


Some twine and I was done with #1..

Number two tag..


No waste..using a smaller punch I punched smaller circles and laid them in place..


See..


Then using my sprays...I sprayed.


Blue and white..


and got this..


Choosing waves??


Went with the second one..


and die cut a cirles or bubbles die and split into 2 and added onto the side..


Added a seahorse and splattered it..


Done with #2..

Onto #3...


I saved this circle because it was my favourite,
 I made 
several of these panels and cut big circles for something,
 cannot remember what and glad I still had some.



Don't throw these puppies away they are my lights!..

.


Cut two tops..one goes on top of lighthouse, then the lights go in,
then the other on top..gives dimension and looks tidy..


Cloud rocks..


other wave border..it finally cut for me..


added some seagulls..




Done with #3



and here they all are...


What a great day...

Thank you so much for stopping by,
 It is blowing and raining and blowing some more..
I made it to hairdresser in that fog which lingered most of the day..

I love Winter..ha ha ha..

I'll see you tomorrow with another GDT post..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Tag Tuesday   [Circles]




12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

a gorgeous and 2 beautiful tags Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

Oh wow these are just gorgeous and so creative Chrissy. Love the theme as I am very much a 'sea-sider', just beautiful.
Glad you survived the fog and got your hair done, gosh its so long since I hit the hairdresser, I really should sort my head out ( in more ways than one!!! ) haha...Have a good evening.xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wooooooow! Totally fabulous, love them all, but I can't decide if the second or third one is my fave. Thanks so much for linking to Wendy's challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags and dies Chrissy,really love the lighthouse and seagulls
Carol x
would also be oerfect for the No Cards at Crafting From The Heart
Carol x

Margreet said...

What a lovely tags, Chrissy.
Today we have a rainy day too. All other days are hot.
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Your ocean themed tags are brilliant Chrissy! I really love the colors and techniques that you've used for the background on these! Fabulous details with the dies and scenes my friend!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous tags and I love, love, LOVE the nautical theme!! Beautiful!
Lynn

pinky said...

Chrissy I am so glad you got side tracked lol as we get to see these gorgeous tags appear to inspire us. And they are super inspiring. I would love your brain just for one day and see what I could do!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

WendyK said...

Absolutely fabulous tags for my theme, thank you so much for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday. Very much appreciated.

Sarah said...

I have a gold medal in getting side tracked!! Fantastic tags Chrissy and a theme that you "do" so well too xx

Brenda said...

All three amazing tags, I understand how you got lost in them.

Conniecrafter said...

Good to hear you made it safely there and back from the hairdressers.
Your tags are so lovely, I like your bottle top idea, love the sailboats on the circles. Neat pen work and bubbles on the seahorse one, but I will have to say I love the lighthouse with the seagulls flying around!