Followers

Saturday, July 29, 2023

LIKE IT OR NOT..

 Hello everyone,

Saturday afternoon while typing this up, the sun is shining and it is a gorgeous day, but, that chill if you not in the right place goes through you.

I have been outside fora few minutes, but my craft room called me back and managed 3 DT projects, one finished and two new ones.. so, all in all, a good day..

I'm sharing a project that I don't really like, if at all..

I used oxides and sorry, not a fan..


the process I really enjoy, just zone out and do my thing,
 smooshing die cuts into ink .


I learned that if you dry your ink between layers, you get layers of colours,
 if it is wet, you get blends..
So I dried between layers and got some really neat speckled mushrooms..


Die cut the ferns and did similar.


added some red to the caps, they just needed it,,


So, everything was ready to go..


This was the day I made grungy backgrounds too
 and used one with my paintbrush card, the other I used here..


I stamped the brick stamp on the main panel for interest..


At this stage I wasn't happy, but pushed along, and started placing die cuts onto base..


Why didn't I listen to myself and smear Vaseline over them, to bring out the colours a bit..


But I didn't listen...


I thought splattering would help and it did a bit, 


So the card is finished, I'm not that happy, but it is alright..

After this I went online and bought nearly the full set of distress sprays, ha ha ha, I like them much better..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx


12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

I think its wonderful Chrissy, it has all your 'hallmarks' on there and lots of textures. Do you ever use CC spray finish, like a varnish seal and looks so good, but beware it can also mingle if you can't wait, like some people I know....yes me...hahaha.. enjoy the rest of your day, we have sunshine today but its still cold, so abit like your winter then....xxx

Lisa said...

The mushrooms and ferns turned out great. Thank you for the tip to dry between layers. I need to try that as I can't ever seem to get good coverage without looking like mud. Really love the card with the pieces of fern and mushrooms. The finishing splatters is a great touch.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card and I love the mushrooms!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

I can't see why you're not happy with this Chrissy, it's beautiful- I'd be over the moon if I had made it! Those mushrooms look amazing on the gorgeous grungey background.
xx

Sarah said...

The muted colours suit this woodland beauty Chrissy and I'll remember the vaseline tip to brighten the colours. I love how you overcame adversity by having a spend, I find it helps enormously!! Keep cosy friend xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You're too hard on yourself, I think the card has a wonderful natural forest feel, it's beautiful. With lots of texture, too.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely love all of the grunge on your design here Chrissy! The texture you've created with that background turned out awesome and the splattering is a wonderful touch! I find with those oxide inks is that like you said, you have to dry between layers, and it takes a bit to work with them. Sprays are much quicker! You've worked them in nicely here and I love your beautiful card!

jimlynn said...

Oh, I love it! That background is just perfect for the fun mushrooms. VERY pretty card.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the fabulous die-cut mushrooms-never heard of putting vaseline on before
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

I would say it turned out terrific, I do love the pop of color with the mushrooms and like the use of ferns with them! Great backgrounds too!

Brenda said...

This card is gorgeous, even if it didnʻt turn out the way you had it pictured in your mind. Love the grunge and all that yummy texture.