Followers

Friday, July 28, 2023

TAGS..BOOKMARKS

 Hello everyone,

Friday night here while I'm typing this and it is FREEZING..now don't laugh, the temp is 9oC..but that to us is very cold, ha ha ha..48oF..that is cold..

But I'm snuggly and warm with the heat on and putting up a post before my movie comes on.. and again I made a couple tags as Tag Tuesday has a new challenge..BOOKS.


This started off with an office manilla folder, cut into three so I had three 4 inch wide and 8 inch long folded panels..


See....and I used double sided tape to stick them together for stability.


Then I ripped up old telephone pages again and using my mat medium glued it all down.


While that was drying [with the aid of my heat gun as I was impatient]
I die cut out these stacks of books..


and three open books for on top..


I started to colour with my markers, but they were too bright, and it was too slow, so 
moved things along with ink pads and sponge dauber..


Not too bad..


And colourful, but not bright!!


and I made a nice mess..


Panels were dry now, and again, I needed a quick background so smooshed the ink pad all over..


Three times, using distress ink Vintage photo.
and a bit of black soot around the edges..so satisfying..


Die cut the word BOOKS in fairly big alphabet letters in a teal blue..
and laid everything out for placement..


They were nearly done, just needed..


Holes up top and threaded with ribbon and tied with string..DONE!!

Not dimensional at all and will fit perfectly inside a good book..
so there we go,
Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Tag Tuesday   [books]

Shopping our stash   [No stamping allowed]

Unicorn Challenge   [No designer paper]



17 comments:

Janette said...

Love your bookmarks Chrissy, so colourful and gorgeous dies.
Hope your enjoying your film and keeping warm. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic this looks great Chrissy

gr karin

Chris said...

Gorgeous bookmarks Chrissy, love the book theme and the way you've coloured the books using ink and daubers is so clever.
Hope you're wearing your socks now that it's turned so chilly!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

OMG I love your tags with those little book die cuts, they are fantastic. I've never seen book die cuts before. Thanks so much for this great entry for my challenge. Hugs, Valerie

jimlynn said...

Your tags/bookmarks are wonderful and so cool looking. I love the background and the way you colored the books with the dauber. Great idea and they came out so pretty.
Stay warm.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Great bookmarks and backgrounds love the die-cut books-you always have the perfect die!
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

Great set of tags, wonderful for any book reader, I like your open book at the top of the stack. Good way to recycle those phone books too! They are also good for drying flowers :)
Wow your cold and we are in Heat alerts, supposed to reach 100 F today with a feels like temp of 110, don't know which of us has it worse.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous bookmarks Chrissy!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Your bookmark tags are brilliantly done Chrissy! I really love your idea of taking pages from the phone book! I need to remember to keep mine before they become exstinct with the cell phones everyone uses now! Fun stack of books with this design!

dj said...

Fantastic book markers!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Dies, inks, and distressing work perfectly for our “no stamping” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS501

Sandra Wright. said...

What a fantastic book die, I never knew one existed.
Super tags. Thank you for playing along at Tag Tuesday x

chrissy xx said...

Wowzer!! FABulous books marks Chrissy.
LOve the stages you went through.. A perfect gift!
Chrissyxx

Lisa said...

These are fantastic book marks. Love the phone book background, that is brilliant. Great happy colors you added to the die cut books too.

Sarah said...

They are excellent chrissy and for a bookworm I really should suss out those book dies, they are fabulous xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your bookmarks Chrissy, I wish I could play messy like you and end up with wonderful projects as you do. Our Summer temperature is Autumnal Chrissy. Crazy thrashing rain too.
Faith x

pinky said...

Absolutely brilliant Chrissy. Love these so much. I am so glad you are nice and cosy. We need the heating on over here in the middle of summer lol. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Brenda said...

You are so right, 48C is FREEZING!!! Itʻs 75C here and Iʻm a bit chilly. Love your tags, especially the background. Thanks for sharing your process, I have difficulty waiting for things to dry too.