Followers

Sunday, July 16, 2023

MERMAID TAG..

 Hello everyone,

The weekend is here and I'm not doing much really, the boy is back on his 4 day leave but goes back tonight..[ Sunday]. I've been crafting the last four days, just playing with alcohol inks and die cutting up a storm, and the boy has been visiting his friends and catching up...[I say the boy but he'd a grown man]

So, let's get down to business, I saw a new challenge over at Tag Tuesday and the theme was mermaids, I love mermaids so had to play.


Fussy cutting was in order for this little cutie from Imagine That Digi Stamps..
and she was pre coloured so that was a bonus, didn't have colouring in my head space on this day.


Die cut new seaweed and coral dies from Temu..
and coloured with markers..just simple colouring, like, a swipe across them with the chisel end of the markers..lol..


Picking out a background from my basket..


and this is the one that made it..


I needed a rock, a big one, so cut a slimline cloud out..
Then screwed it up, stood on it and really distressed it..
more than what is here..


Glued the rock first then the seaweeds and coral..



then thought, lets put real sand on it, so I did..


White embossed the sentiment straight onto the tag..


and the same with this one as I couldn't bear to throw out this scrap..


Then shimmered the life out of it, which you cannot see..


and here she is, all done..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Tag Tuesday   [Mermaids]

The Fairy and the Unicorn   [ anything goes Fantasy]

Creative Fingers Challenge    [anything goes]






17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and beautiful tag Chrissy

gr karin

pinky said...

Oh I was hoping this challenge called to you Chrissy. She is a wee beauty. Wish I had found her!! The background is so perfect and all the add ons give such an underwater feel. I LOVE it!!
Thanks so much for coming out to play with us at Tag Tuesday!!

Janette said...

Gorgeous tag, love the scene you created and the mermaid is beautiful isn't she, I alwys wanted to be one when I was little, then thought about being a Nun...don't laugh...it was all in vane of course, I shall say no more on the subject lol...
I have bought stuff from Temu and honestly, so far so good, but I saw them being ripped apart on FB...what do you think Chrissy, I would value your opinion.xx

Chris said...

A fantastic background scene for your sweet little mermaid, a gorgeous tag Chrissy.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag love the beautiful Mermaid and die-cut embellishments
Carol x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous tag in beautiful colours.
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful mermaid tag, I saw it this morning on FB. I think our children are always our boys and girls, however old they are. My baby is already 57! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

jimlynn said...

She's a beauty and so is your tag! I know it shimmers and shines too. LOVE IT! Beautiful underwater scene.
Lynn

Gale said...

Such a gorgeous tag Chrissy! Lots of work, but came out so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

what a beautiful scene you've created! thanks for joining my challenge at tag tueday! xo

Dawn T said...

what a stunning scene on your tag Chrissy. Just love how you layer everything so beautifully.

Sandra Wright. said...

What a wonderful tag, so many elements to it, it's really gorgeous.
Thank you so much for joining in with our Michele's theme at Tag Tuesday xx

*Vicki* said...

Your little mermaid is just as sweet as can be! Fabulous coloring and a really amazing background with her as well! Fabulous tag my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

she is the cutest mermaid and I love all the coral with her, very creative with the rock!

Sarah said...

A gorgeous tag Chrissy, your attention to deatil is always so brilliant xx

Gillena Cox said...

Such a happy little mermaid.

Much💜love

Brenda said...

Gorgeous, love the background and all your lovely details.