Followers

Monday, August 21, 2023

IT'S A FROGS LIFE..

 Hello everyone,

What a great weekend with my Grandsons 21st birthday party, and he has such lovely polite friends, and everyone had such a lovely time..

But today I'm here to share a card made for a wedding anniversary and the joke was can I use frogs..now I'm not sure on the whole story but apparently, they ended up with frogs in the bed where they were staying 30 years ago...on their wedding night...eek..


This cute little die set I had only just received from Temu..


they cut very well, but the definition of the embossed bits was weak..


I inked up the edges and everything started to come to life..


Funny little water lilies, but I'll ink them too..


The eyes of the frogs could been googly, but I went with the dies


Then I could not figure out why I had a fish tail die..


Oh....it was for their chest, 
now they look even better, but it did look like a fish tail didn't it..
please tell me it did.


So all inked up and sorted to how I was thinking it would go..


Gor them onto the card then added some white details under the lily pads.


The glass hearts picked up pretty colours off the water..


although, they did start off pale blue ish..


added a couple of sentiments and die cut a black Anniversary die cut..

Done!..

They were a lot of fun especially when the fishtail got sorted, 
I'll use them again for something..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow...twice!.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafts Galore Encore challenge   [anything goes]

Critter Crazy Challenge   [anything goes feature a Critter ]




16 comments:

Janette said...

Fabulous Frogs, and it does look like a fish tail, how did you figure that out, hahaha...alls well though Chrissy, this card is amazing and not only do the frogs look very realistic so do those gorgeous flowers, so pretty.
Glad your grandson had a nice party, oh to be 21 again...right then off to do something on this very pleasant day, so far so good.
BTW, I used the links you gave me, both are not available right now, but I did manage to get on a wait list for one, so thanks again. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely precious croaking frogs my friend, these are the cutest and amazing way you colour them xx
Maybe they have fishtail frogs over in their country?

jimlynn said...

It did look like a fish tail but it looks perfect on the little frogs chests too. Precious card and I'm sure the couple will love it and bring back memories. Frogs in the bed? Yikes! LOL!
Lynn

KarinsArtScrap said...

what gorgeous frogs and card Chrissy

gr karin

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy- I love your cute frogs and the beautiful colours and design. I wouldn't have been keen real ones in my bed though!!! Yes, it does look like a fish tail, glad you worked out where it went!
xx

*Vicki* said...

Your frogs are TOADally adorable Chrissy! I wasn't sure what to think of that die either, but yes...that die really makes those cheeky fellows stand out now! Wonderful water background you've created and hope they never have to deal with frogs in their bed again! LOL

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your frogs, I love watching them hopping around. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

pinky said...

That is class, they are going to love it. Can't imagine what I would be like with frogs in my bed any time!!

Margreet said...

don't know if it is a fishtail die, but it matches the frogs perfectly.
Lovely card, especially with the wedding night story.
xxx Margreet

Conniecrafter said...

that makes for a wedding night to remember :) I too thought it looked like a fish tail, so glad you were able to figure that one out and it does look great on them :) Pretty coloring of the water lilies also, cute and fun card!

crafty-stamper said...

LOve the fabulous frogs and yes it did look like a fish tail
Carol x

Shirley-Anne said...

Great Fun card Love the frongs and their enviroment

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Weak embossing or not, these frogs are just adorable and wonderful, even the "dual" use fishtail worked out great, I’m sure the couple were thrilled to bits with their card.
Faith x

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. that's awesome! Lovely make and nice to see how you've create this work step by step. Thanks for this!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

anne said...

A fabulous fun card and beautifully made.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CCC-DT

Koyel Saha Chatterjee said...

Lovely project.. thank you so much for your participation in the CRAFT GALORE ENCORE blog.. DT KOYEL ❤️