Followers

Monday, October 16, 2023

BUYING A CHRISTMAS TREE..

 Hello everyone,

I was having a play last week and saw some challenges I could enter and went with using up leftovers which is always a good thing...


These trucks I made and never got to use..


I rusted them up with inks..but the hole in the tyre, or wheel bugged me,
 so decided to make some better tyres..


I die cut some small circles, but there didn't work too well..


one circle was pretty good so cut it in black then used my hand held punch..


and cut in silver mirror card then glued that small bit on the bigger bit and made new tyres..


So, trucks were put into a tray to use, but never did, 
 and on this day, I found this picture of a barn and snow
and also saw a challenge, so went from there..


I wanted a bigger fence, so using this log die, I cut it several times..


and started to build a fence.


Added a tree into the back of my truck..


snowed up the fence, now truck and fence were done..


and as the picture was already cut, I couldn't make a whole page scene,
 but went with what I had..
and started with making snow mounds at the end of the driveway.


added the fence..


then poked the truck in behind the fence, just a bit.


So to me, it looks like the truck is driving past after buying his Christmas tree.


I added snow drops in the sky with Nuvo crystal drops.


a little dusting of snow on the tree tips..sorry its a little blurry, if you just squint a bit you can see  it better..


then I just couldn't stop there, I had to add trees, layered trees..


Then stood back and stared at my card for a awhile..


Finally added a small sentiment up the top,
 I tried it in lots of places,  but this was the final decision.

So there you go..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

challenges to enter....

Peace on Earth    Mood board.



ABC Christmas Challenge   U & V use it up and Vertical

Farmquest Country Christmas  anything goes country Christmas





19 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Chrissy. Love the way you've used just a smaller part of a scene and made it work!!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this!❤️ Amazing design and great scene for Christmas.. hope you have some snow in Winter x
Thanks for joining us at Double D too in our challenge and good luck xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Chrissy beautiful made

gr karin

Janette said...

LOVE IT, its fabulous, a perfect festive scene, very creative and love all the snow, I wish for snow like this every year but we don't get it like we did...sigh...beautiful card Chrissy. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, I am always impressed how you build up your lovely cards! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

Amazing design, all those different components and elements come together so well under your magic fingers, really love that fence, the snow looks so real.
xx

Margreet said...

It looks like magic....give Chrissy a postcard and she creates a wonderful scene...love it!
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this turned out so gorgeous Chrissy! I LOVE the way you've done your truck along with the fence and the glittery snow covering it! That photo was the perfect backdrop to find with this scene! So beautiful!

Becca S said...

I'm agreeing with all the previous comments! :) The barn scene and how you incorporated it into a larger scene is fantastic! Creating a believable foreground setting was key and you did it marvelously! Your solution for the truck tires is perfect! All the elements are working together for a winter wonderland! Thanks for participating in the 1st competition at FarmQuest Country Christmas! --Becca

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy love all the dies and Wintry scene you created.
Carol x

pinky said...

I absolutely love how this card came about Chrissy. It just so perfectly Christmassy!

Darlene said...

WOW!!!! This is absolutely beautiful! LOVE what you've done with the truck and the new tires look really good! Your fencing is just PERFECT and you have certainly made this background scene 'your own' WELL DONE ... I simply LOVE IT! You are so creative! Thanks for amazing inspiration! And, Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic, I love the rusty look of the truck, great job on that fence too, great idea to use the logs and I love that barn picture with it, the trees were a great finishing touch to your scene!

jimlynn said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - and I love it! Very pretty scene and love the truck and of course all the trees too!
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

BRILLIANT creation Chrissy that scene you have created is top notch a truly wonderful festive make
hugs
lorraine x

Brenda said...

What an amazing scene! You are incredible.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I love seeing the process of your creativity Chrissy, this turned out so very beautiful. I love the scene.
Faith x

EVA said...

Looks great

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x