Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2023

HALLOWEEN OR FAIRIES..DT

 Hello everyone,

I'm back with my second post, and this time for AS YOU LIKE IT  where Wilma is our hostess and the theme is, share your FAVOURITE Halloween or Fairies.. and do tell us why!..

Mine has to be Halloween, I just love making projects for it, the grunge and hidden mistakes and using anything you want to try and scare or thrill and also not expected....like today.


I started here with making grungy backgrounds, dripping paste and inks, 
dry and wet, just making a big mess..




While that was drying went onto mushrooms..


Leaves..


I love these leaves, so easy to layer. [Altenew]


and then my daisy, how can I turn a daisy into Halloween..


With lots of blood red smooshing..smoosh and dry, smoosh and dry..


and add in a bit of black..


with big black centers..


Die cut a web, some bats and added sponged white here and there for a glow..


gluing down starting with mushrooms..


Along with black grass..ooooo..scary now.


On went the web and look top left, I just saw this myself,
 a face has appeared, okay, now I don't want to post anymore, that is getting too scary..

'

I'll plunge on.....added my flowers..


close up of mushrooms....I'm avoiding that top corner..


The little bats were given gems for their eyes to glow and sparkle.


Just a simple BOO and there's the spider..eek..


and we were done, that face was covered by the flowers thank goodness..

So there we go, normal pretty daisies can be turned into Halloween..





our fabulous sponsor..





Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'm just going to have a wee look around the house before bed time..

See you tomorrow......hopefully..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Simon says Monday challenge   [Add texture]

Mirtillamente Challenge   [All about Halloween]

Two Old Bats Halloween challenge  [Anything Halloween]




21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

An amazing card Chrissy, not sure how you manage to make these gorgeous cards but you do... xx

Janette said...

Oh so spooky-licious, hahaha. Brilliantly done Chrissy, when you said 'Daisy flowers', well I did wonder, but you pulled it off as you do. Fab card. xx

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Chrissy. Very spooky looking x

Chris said...

OOOOooo Chrissy, there's something scary lurking behind those gory flowers- dare you to peek underneath them! A fabulous Halloween card with a really creepy atmosphere- brilliant!
xx

Diane said...

Wow, this is fabulous creative and a bit spooky too, love it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

jimlynn said...

I've never seen daisies work for Halloween - until now! They're great and I love the tin little bats floating around! Fun card for Halloween.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background Chrissy love the mushrooms and spooky daisies--oooh and the spooky face!
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, Chrissy, autumn is sich a wonderful time. I'm eagerly waiting for the leaves to turn! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Awesome card and I love your scary story. Great details and those mushrooms are stunning.
xxx Margreet

Conniecrafter said...

As I was scrolling I thought how is she going to make flowers halloween but you did it, so neat!

Crafting Queen said...

Fantastic card. Love all the layers of interest. Anesha x

*Vicki* said...

I'm with you! I love Halloween and the grungy things as well! Your card is so fun with the dripped background and spider hanging in there with a "boo"! Really clever scene and fun details!

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Chrissy

gr karin

Elaine Stark said...

This scene certainly look a spooky place to be. Elaine

coldwaters2 said...

Totally awesome Halloween creation Chrissy I really really love your take on it this is something I could love it looks eerie but beautiful
hugs
lorraine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy :-) the mushrooms are fabulous and I love how you made the daisies so spooky!! Very clever! :-)

Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
Luv
Lols x x x

Fran Wing said...

Chrissy, in my estimation anything can be turned into Halloween imagery! What a great card you've made here - love those mushrooms!
Xoxo, Fran/DT

pinky said...

This looks amazing! Though, I definitely would not venture into those woods even in daylight! Brilliant project Chrissy!!!

Brenda said...

Love this! I think a fairy would love it here if you chased off all the scary bats and spiders!

Roberta Cercato said...

I really like your project.
I hope to see you soon! Good luck and thank you for participating in the Mirtillamente Challenge.
Roberta DT Mirtillamente

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! This looks absolutely amazing! I love all the details and layers on your card! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!