Followers

Friday, November 24, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 24

 Hello everyone,

Brr, what happened to summer or Spring at least, not that I mind being chilly but really, my lettuce's and tomatoes won't like this change and warnings for the weekend...time to batten down the hatches.

Where are we, Christmas # 24...


This was frame making day, well and hour or two really, and I had a great time, had some thoughts of where I was going..




and my little friend to help clean up the mess..


I do one patterned paper and 4 white frames, glue them altogether
and it makes a nice sturdy frame..


BUT!..this time before gluing away in my own little world,
 I had a thought, lets make some shakers..


so out came small bags and they fitted perfectly behind the frame,
 no timming, no nothing...


and the first one up was this frame with the deer on it..


and some Deer..


which I struggled with and the room was blue, trust me.



In the end, they came together after I rearranged eyes and feet..
I used a marker in the end for those as they were just so small and fiddle and even the noses were a nightmare, the layers were hard and I had trouble of where to put stuff..but
I do love the die set and will definitely use it again, just do my own thing though..



moving on, I made a felt snowbank...


That took some time to dry



then filled the bag with snowy goodies...


die cut and put together pinecones....also Honey Bee Stamps,
 brilliant things, and leaves.


And before I stuck the deer on, I made another felt snowbank and put it on the outside of the card,
 in front of the shakers bits, so there really is a surprise...


Tiny bits of glue to hold those feet down, they were springing up all the time,
 I think those deer were getting ready to fly!!..



You can see the shading on the deer and the shaker bits floating around..


added some berries and mistletoe branches.


Card standing up and all the shaker bits hidden.
just a few straggler snowflakes, always the way..




Needs something??


I SPLATTERED it..and added tiny white enamel hearts,
 which unfortunately looks like white blobs, but they are hearts..

So, there you go, the room colour has cleared, everyone survived,
it was a day, I tell you..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafting Dream   [Winter Landscape]

Crafty Animals    [anything goes must include an animal]

Crafting Hapiness    [Turkey's or any animal]








13 comments:

Margreet said...

Great inspirational card again, Chrissy. I so love to case such a card, but I never have time to do it.
It is again a stunning creation.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card great design love your shaker cards.

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely snow scene and flowing snow the border paper is also beautiful, great card x

Janette said...

It was worth a few curse words I tell ya!!!! haha, gorgeous card, love the deer, they are beautiful, you have so much patience you really do, and I do love a nice shaker so its a winner.
Big hugs to Holly for helping, if she could talk she would have us in fits I should think, stories from the craft room, hahaha....
Have a good weekend. xx

Chris said...

I love how this one turned out Chrissy, such a beautiful design, clever idea for the shaker- how lucky the bag fitted perfectly in the frames. The deer look stunning now that they're finally behaving themselves....
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker card and die-cut deer,love the p.paper and pine cones.
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just glorious, a pure Winter scene, the reindeer may have been tricky, but they look awesome. A fabulous card.
Faith x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card! It's very cold here today, but okay, it's winter! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

The deer are so gorgeous! I love them against your stunning shaker window frames!! Always such beautiful scenes you make!

Conniecrafter said...

Always hard when you have those cold days after it starts warming up.
You did a great job with the deer, I agree if the pieces are too tiny, out comes my pen work. Love the goodies at top and the falling snow to top it off!

pinky said...

Wow Chrissy that is such a great idea. Love how you layered them for sturdiness! Brilliant that the bags fit perfectly too and the card came out beautifully!

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning!! xx

Brenda said...

Amazing, the deer were well worth any challenge you overcame. A very beautiful card!