Followers

Thursday, November 16, 2023

HOME SWEET HOME ..DT

 Hello everyone,

Well, that week flew by, I was so very busy, but got everything done and now can relax a bit..

Wednesday today and time for another new challenge over at Little Red Wagon where JanR is our fabulous hostess and her theme is   HOME SWEET HOME- any type of building..


So to me, that means as many as I can fit on a card!!
this little die set I've had for many a year and it is tiny.


the lamp post was my biggest ordeal as it is not only tiny, but thin. 


see, against the marker, phew.


         So, I coloured up the houses.....................................


and nope, that wasn't going to work,
 so went over everything with a black marker..


now I had a bunch of silhouette houses.


and I also had a snowy background, second sheet from my Gel plate print day.


I made one white snow bank and could not part with leftovers so made another
snow bank with the sky papers.


See, it looks okay..


then found this halfmoon shape under sheets of papers on my shelf
in front of me and thought
 it would make a great moon..


Oop's got side tracked and started cutting and colouring Beer mugs on the left there..


Die cut a Santa then set too adding some colouring on the moon..


Just simple sponging around the edge, don't think I even filled the dauber with ink
there was enough on there.


much better..


time for the houses who all had the windows lit up with gold card stack on the back..


Then added trees and other details, and not too much dimension at all..



It got a bit of splattering, but needed more.....so..


I added lots of nail art snowflakes, and a simple LOTV sentiment
punched out and layered..




and there you go, all done.


So do pop over Here  and join in..

Thank you so much for stopping by
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday   [anything goes]

The Craft Addicts   [anything goes]



Daisy Chain challenge   Christmas /Winter









19 comments:

Margreet said...

You succeeded again in creating a wonderful scene, Chrissy. This is such a wonderful card!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Yep Chrissy! A whole street of homes!! Of course. Fantastic snowy street scene, such a lovely atmosphere, the lit up windows look so inviting on a snowy Christmas Eve.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I can't fathom out how you get so many different bits and bods and then it turns into a wonderful card - it must be magic! Hugs Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Another amazing scene here Chrissy! I love the Santa over your moon and the snow hill of houses! Beautifully done!

KarinsArtScrap said...

great design and such a very beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and the houses definitely look better black and love the lamp posts.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

aussie aNNie said...

This is awesome Chrissy, love the wonderful winder scene on our hot humid day, great use of the dies xx

Dawn T said...

Stunning card Chrissy. All that texture and splatter is amazing.

Janette said...

WOW, Chrissy this is wonderful and I love the way it built up to the finish, fabulous. I have a bunch of chippy houses that I used black sharpie on, just not got round to using, you may have given me a nudge, thanks for that. xxx

Sarah said...

...and what an excellent wintry scene it is too!! Love your handmade papers xx

Conniecrafter said...

I was just thinking you were using some good colors for your houses and then you went all black on me, but I will have to say the finish product is just perfect, that big moon worked perfectly!

JanR said...

Lovely card, Chrissy! Such a delightful scene and the houses look so good with the lit up windows!

Kate said...

I loved the look of the sweet little coloured homes but I do think the silhouettes are an absolutely fabulous look on your card! And great job with those super slim lamp posts! Lovely card, Chrissy!

Imke said...

Amazing card with many different elements on it. Just great !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

pinky said...

Oh my word what a fabulous scene you have created. It is truly magical!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I look at the piccies and think where is this going and then as if by magic, there is another gorgeous creation, what a wonderful scene on this card Chrissy.
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

So wonderfully created with these gorgeous dies, a really beautiful Christmas city scene!
Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Brenda said...

What a beautiful scene, I love your little houses and that gorgeous moon Santa is flying by.

Lynda said...

What a really great scene - loving the process pictures - and your thoughts on what you did.....I could hear myself saying very similar things. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT