Followers

Saturday, December 9, 2023

I MADE MY OWN WAGON WHEEL..

 Hello everyone,

You know how I love scenes and stuff, and sometimes you just don't have the die you really want, so I made my own....well, I didn't make and die, but I made my wheel..


I labeled this picture in case I saw it and wondered why I took a picture, I tell you, sometimes the lights are on but no one is home..


So chose my wheel size and put two dies together..sort of like a frame.


Cut the first one,
 then a second one smaller for the wheel center,..


then I cut strips roughly the same size for the spokes.



glued them to the center bit..


flipped and coloured with my markers, chisel end, so much quicker..


then lined up the die cut rim...


Glued it down and trimmed the ends off...DONE!
I had a wagon wheel..


using my Nuvo stone drops I added..


Wheel nuts...


another load of die cutting to make a scene, sort of..


The first thing I did was splatter the light grey card
 in the background with white paint..ink.

Then decided where my bits would go.


The lantern needed a touch up...


so added some fir tree fronds..


Placed the trees at the back nestled in the snow..


The wagon wheel lodged in the snow too, along with the lantern with added berries..


the popped a little robin on top of the wheel..



Trying to think and place a sentiment..


and after a thousand try's, I went white, simple and rectangle!!


Finally DONE!!..

But I love my wheel, what do you think, looks pretty cool doesn't it..

Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafty Catz   [ anything goes]

Creative Artise Mixed Media challenge   [anything mixed media goes / christmas]

Cut It Up   [use more than one die]


FarmQuest Challenge   [light source]



FarmQuest Country Christmas   [anything goes Country Christmas]

FarmQuest General Store   [anything Farm or country goes]





18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Well done I say with my hands clapping on your own design of the wagon wheel, love how you showed how to make it on your blog with an amazing outcome.. mmm, soon you will be designing dies.. :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Chrissy great idea with that weel........gr karin

Janette said...

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!! its bloody wonderful and thats swearing, haha, you do come up with some great ideas Chrissy and this is one of them. Your card is amazing, it came together like a dream, love it.
You know you could pass on so much creative ideas to people, or even kids in schools, shame you don't, they would love you. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely a cool card and wonderful construction, it looks almost real, the scene creation is as always awesome, love the deep snow and berries with the Robin with the simple? sentiment. A fabulous card.
Faith x

Margreet said...

Your imagination is endless Chrissy. You created a great scene with that fab wheel. Love the accent of the little bird.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous snowy scene love all the dies and the wheel you made.
Carol x

Chris said...

The wheel looks great Chrissy, well done! Gorgeous Christmas card with a lovely rustic feel.
xx

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

This is utterly awesome, Chrissy!!! I'm so jealous! Your brain works SO creatively and resourcefully!!! Thanks for linking to FarmQuest's lights theme. And don't forget to share at FarmQuest General Store (anything farm and/or country) and to FarmQuest Country Christmas (outdoors/winter weather). You are allowed to link at the others if they apply to the theme(s) and your wonderful winter scene does! Thanks again! --Becca

Aimeslee Winans said...

Chrissy, had to come over and complement your wheel! Necessity is the mother of invention and you rocked it. Fabulous! Pinning! XOX

chrissy xx said...

A Perfect scene Chrissy. LOve your design it give such a festive feel.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week.
DT Chrissyxx

Becca S said...

Thanks, Chrissy, for adding to FQCCCB!!! I agree with Aimeslee that your wagon wheel card is 'a-rocking'!! You've built a wonderful winter scene! --Becca

Becca S said...

and thanks for also linking and increasing bragging rights chances at FarmQuest General Store! Such a wonderful farm country scene! --Becca

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness aren't you ever so clever and have made a fantastic scene with it too, love the lantern and the sweet bird with it. love snowy scene with the trees!
I wish I would have saw this before I ordered myself one for Christmas.

Larelyn said...

So many amazing die cuts. Your scene is stunning. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "Use more than one Layer" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wow love all the detail but little robin steals the show thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

pinky said...

Goodness is there anything you can't put together with paper and ink Chrissy. Well done on this gorgeous card!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card and wonderful wheel! I absolutely that lantern die! What a great scene you've created.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a magnificent card, put together with true love of the season. Fabulous composition and the wee Robin on the wheel is the icing of the cake. Stunning!
Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining our 100 challenge.
Best wishes, Happy Christmas and all the best for 2024. Tracey (DT)