Followers

Thursday, January 25, 2024

NBUS??

 Hello everyone,

Another week gone by and time for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon where our lovely Brenda is hostess and gave me letters??..for the theme, I had no idea, but I do now..NBUS - Never Before Used Stuff..easy right..

Now I am one of those people [ crafters], that buy something, rip it out of the packaging and use it that day, very reare that I don't, so finding something I had not used was tricky...but I did.. 


I had these leaves from Tim Holts sitting in my tray from leftover card stock that I made but have not shared yet, but there they were, then decided to make a very tall slimline..


So once that decision was made I had to find something I have never used...two things turned up..
This very wide polka dot burlap..


and two packets of raffia....I went with the raffia..


And needed plenty of foam tape to hold it all down..


She's on tight..


My leaves were glued on and wanted to keep popping off so they were
held down with acrylic blocks..


Co ordinating butterfly buttons up next..


and I went with matching colours as best as I could..


Nearly there and looking all autumnal..



                                          I die cut one of my new Thank you dies out in matt gold



Plonked it on and DONE!


So do come on over HERE  

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I'll see you later today/tonight

Luv CHRISSYxx




15 comments:

Janette said...

Well you learn something new every day don't you, I had no idea what NBUS meant either, haha, its as bad as when I thought lol was lots of love, it made perfect sense to me hahaha. Anyways, I love what you did with your unused stash, it looks fabulous and I do love the raffia, I have loads left and must get round to using. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful result Chrissy, glad you went hunting, so beautifully put together as always.
Faith x

Kath said...

A fabulous creation Chrissy.
Kath x

Chris said...

A gorgeous slimline card. The black background sets off those fantastic leaves and pretty butterflies perfectly.
xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous leaves on that tall slimline card, Chrissy.
Lovely done with the raffia and butterflies.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful Autumn leaves and co-ordinating butterflies.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it looks beautiful Chrissy.........gr karin

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, those red leaves are gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Brenda said...

I love your gorgeous card! The raffia is just the perfect tie for those lovely leaves. Unfortunately I have plenty of NBUS, I open it and put it away to use shortly and then forget I have it! Oh, my...my age is beginning to show.❤️

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous those leaves look fantastic I love the colours and twine
hugs
lorraine x

*Vicki* said...

Well done on your NBUS find with those leaves! I think they're gorgeous with the colors over them! Love them over that black background so they pop nicely too! So gorgeous Chrissy!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I so love how you have used these leaves, I love the colors and your sweet butterflies with them, the raffia is a nice touch too!

Imke said...

Beautiful card and great take of your NBUS, Chrissie. I thing everyone have a lot of things that was a MUST HAVE sometimes and then never been used. Thanks for this great Challenge theme.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

JanR said...

Fabulous card, Chrissy! I especially love that thank you die. And good on you for always using what you buy right away! I'm gonna have to get better at that.

Kate said...

I had to look up NBUS a couple of years ago - and last year I had to look up ATG (anything goes)! The things we learn while crafting!!

Your card is lovely and those leaves are just spectacular! I'm so pleased you found them in your stash!