Followers

Sunday, January 21, 2024

STEAMPUNK PLACEMATS..

 Hello everyone,

I always find it hard to get into a posting rhythm after a holiday break, I have a few things to share but mostly been doing DT work..

This project I made over the year 2023 for my future daughter in law..and then she asked me about the splash back so I knew I was on the right track, I gave her this set for Christmas before they went overseas, and she was delighted..



There were purchased from a second hand shop..12 of them which was perfect 
for two projects..


I had quite a few sheets of simple Steampunk backgrounds//


and wonderful Stamperia Steampunk ready to go sheets..


i also fished out other makes and colours and patterns from my stash..


the process was easy, add glue to red placemat, flipped onto 12 x12 paper, and layer them up with baking paper to dry..


something heavy to weigh then down..


Then a trim when well and truly dry..


Die cutting started and there was a huge amount of it..and inking
all those edges! but very stimulating I must say..


Balloons. cogs, and also loads of ripped papers, using up as many scraps as I could..


Die cutting in patterned paper helps a lot when you have a big project to do..


Cogs,cogs,and more cogs, gears and clocks.


I think I cut enough..


Penny farthing which can be a real female dog..
But baking paper helps and new cutting plates would probably help more..


Never mind made it..


and a few more!!


some papers I cut into circles for interest and to keep things flat, that is one thing I had to keep telling myself, keep them flat or your peas could roll off the plate!!


This looks like a real mess, but trust me, it worked in the end..
This was shading after the first seal.


This was a cool find, a freebie off the net, fussy cut and...


coloured with markers..


made a couple of those as they were quite big..


all glued down..


some mats were stenciled..



one...


Two...


Three...


Four..


Five..

SIX????? don't know, lost it..

Shall I keep going?....you have come this far, so why not..

The box..


I had a delivery on one of the many days that I was making this set
and the box was just the perfect size for these mats..


Just needed a fix up..


and started by ripping off all the cello tape.. 


Glued on card stock on the lid..


then added ripped strips around the edge...



and the inside and all the edges..


Time to decorate...


I had kept back a lot of circles and hot air balloons and all the other stuff I needed..


It all got used up...


after sealing I went around all edges on the cricles and die cuts with my big brush marker..



Die cut huge alphabet letters and used strips a wording from the patterned papers..


This is a beautiful copper colour card stock..




Place mats all settled inside...


And that's it...we are done..

Thank you so much for stopping by, it was a long journey..
I'll see you soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx







16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Chrissy gorgeous project you did and what a work, just fantasticcccccccc............gr karin

Margreet said...

Wow, loved seeing the birth of this enormous project. The end result is amazing and your DIL will be so delighted.
xxx Margreet

chrissy xx said...

So much detail Chrissy. So much LOve put into each and everyone.
Absolutely FABULOUS!!
Chrissyxx

Chris said...

That's an amazing and thoughtful gift for your future DIL Chrissy! So much work, so many fabulous details and they turned out amazing! Perfect match for your stunning splashback, they will be treasured. xx

crafty-stamper said...

These are AMAZING!!!!Chrissy love the Steampunk theme-papers and embellishments-love the die-cut penny farthing bike.Perfectly co-ordinating decorated box too.
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic! I think you will be dreaming of steam-punk for days! Hugs, Valerie

Roni JJ said...

VERY cool!! I love steampunk as well so this is eye candy for me. Love it!!

aussie aNNie said...

Only Chrissy can turn something so bland and boring into something out of this world, amazing designs and are these to go with the steampunk kitchen.... love them xx

Vintagegirl13 said...

Wow Chrissy! You never cease to amaze me with your steampunk designs! I'm in awe of what you do... female dog and all... lol😂
These are just breathtaking, and will be a fantastic addition to your son and DIL's home with that unbelievable backsplash you created. Incredible💙 Tracey Randell McNally

Janette said...

Oh these will look great in your future DIL's kitchen, they will certainly add to her theme. xx

Lorraine said...

These look amazing Chrissy, what a fantastic gift for your daughter in law.
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Wow wow wow!! What an amazing gift your daughter in law has received and how wonderful it all works with the back splash. This will be a talking point at your dining table for many years to come for sure!!!

Sarah said...

A mesmerising post Chrissy and honestly, what a wonderful set of placemats. I have to say the penny farthing being a "female dog" had me in stitches!! xx

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely amazing project(s) and gift for your daughter! I love all of the wonderful papers, elements and details to this whole project right down to the gift box too! What a wonderful placemat set to receive! Very special and sure to be treasured!

Brenda said...

What a fabulous, thoughtful gift! I'm sure she was thrilled and can just imagine how perfect there are in her home.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my those are so cool, I would hate to use them, would have to put them on display :) That was a lot of die cutting but boy did you use them so well, i love all the designs you came up with. Then to top it off you made them a box to go in, love the red around to match the letters, wonderful project!