Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

RED WHITE AND BLUE..

 Hello everyone,

I had to really think hard to what day it was when my eyes opened up this morning..really, really hard, I wanted it to be Sunday, but alas, it is Tuesday, so I had to get up, it is cleaning day at my sons.

At least once I'm up the spring is still in my step and I whip around get things done then come home to play..


Time for a ships wheel, cut three times and layered up..


The centers which I have added myself a note to 
remind me they will be perfect with other dies too
when I need a small center..


and this die, really, but I did it and enjoyed it..


They were to go here...


I cut them...then glasses off nose on the table and glued these babies on..



Done!..and worth it, it's the little things.


Side opening card with a round opening this time..
or flap really.


Sorting papers, all those scraps too, I never want them to end..


My choices..


and to make the strip go further I cut thin strips to add on..
makes a difference and not hard to do.


The wheel went on to the front flap and gold stars were added here and there..


I think this is macrame cord that I tied into a square knot..


and added this beautiful quote inside..
a stamp from " Impression Obsession " red rubber Clingables.


The card closed and being gently held down by my pokey tool
as it wanted to pop open.. 


Standing up and a seagull flying high...


and propped open a bit and more seagulls..

So there you go..

All the cards are going out to the shop this morning.
so fingers crossed..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx


11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Chrissy.......gr karin

Chris said...

Can't see this one being in the shop for very long Chrissy- it's sure to be snapped up immediately! It's a wonderful design, I love the wheel (and all it's details!) and the seagulls.
xx

Janette said...

I bet they are already sold by this time Chrissy, how wonderful these cards are. I especially love the knotted rope, a nice touch, its a gorgeous card. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant nautical themed card Chrissy I am so amazed at the little things that you add to your design fab choice of papers a super ships wheel I also love the rope/knot down the side a super, super make. I had to laugh at how you lose track of the days that happens to the best of us especially when you retire, lol.
hugs
lolo x

Paperesse said...

Wowsa! Awesome card, Chrissy. Your cards are always just stunning!!! So much to look at, a veritable feast for the eyes.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Nautical card Chrissy,really love the sentiment,the seagulls and knotted rope-great details and bet they fly out the door.Youe opening line made me laugh we are always saying that-what day it it today? lol.
Carol x

Margreet said...

You put together everything brilliantly. Those tiny dots on the wheel are gorgeous, as is the ropeknot.
A super make again, which will not be in store for long.
xxx Margreet

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card, I have to say, the seagulls really make a difference. Love them!

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning nautical card Chrissy! I love the ship wheel cut around the circle for the front opening! So clever! Oh those tiny little bits! You're so right about adding them and hats off to you for that! Really brilliant card design my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

so cool, I love the wheel and the layering behind it, having the birds inside is a neat touch and I love how you added the rope to it also!

pinky said...

No finger crossing needed. This one is as stunning as every other one Chrissy. I don't know where you get your energy from but I wish I had it!!