Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2024

BOXES, BOXES, AND MORE BOXES..

 Hello everyone,

Yay the weekend is here, no different than any other day, but, yay! anyway..

So, boxes, and more boxes, came..but handy ones...


Cellphone boxes..


and watch box..


some fitted together well...


some didn't..


The hardest part of the whole project was deciding,
 what to use and how to use it..


I rearranged quite a bit and although some set up s looked the best,
in reality, they weren't. they were not connecting, too much space behind


and top heavy and then the idea came to spread them around a bit
 and get too projects instead of one...


I took so long, we even had a weather change..


So, I was nearly at the right point now,
 but just had to add another cubicle.. [ for a better word] 


So I did, using heavy card stock from my stash, as no other fitted well..



Onto covering and reinforcing it..


Telephone book pages and PVA glue as it dries hard and crusty..I love that.
and the nail file board thingy, scratched the extra stuff off perfectly, make lovely smooth edges..


every inch got covered..


I left inside black, but then lined it in black card stock as well..


This is what I wanted..time to decorate..


I primed..


Was going to paint, but then found these incredibly thick papers.. 


not enough to cover all of it, so I fussy the roses off..
and glued them on the sides and back...



Inked the edge a bit and blended out to make it more vintage style...


I loved how it all came together..


and very useful in my room above and in front of my desk...

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I'll be back with another up do of boxes tomorrow..

Have an awesome weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Creative Inspirations   [ anything goes]

Crafty Gals Corner    [anything goes]






12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great idea Chrissy.....gr karin

Margreet said...

It is such a pleasure to see how you manage to create something handy and beautiful out of some boxes. Well done!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Great recycling and love the roses.
Carol x

Chris said...

Chrissy Heaven!!! Lots of boxes to play with- and create something useful and beautiful too! Your new storage unit looks gorgeous.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous project, your ideas are always wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous! That mind of your Chrissy is 'ticking' all the time.
LOve your colourful imagination.
Chrissyxx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant project Chrissy and so useful as well a great bit of recycling I love how you have used the boxes then covered them the cut out roses are perfect for the decoration and the distressing with the ink works so well an excellent bit of creativity. I noticed in your comment that you got rid of One Drive so I have done the same it was making my laptop very slow to connect to the internet I really hope that I have now solved the problem thank you for your help
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Ingenious and creative container boxes Chrissy, love the roses and newspaper covering, something lovely to look at too. x

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL and useful too xx

Conniecrafter said...

Looks terrific, I do love the beautiful flowers you added to decorate it for sure! Hubby has bought a new oatmeal that comes in a really neat style box, you know I had to take it after he ate it all to use in my craft room ;)

*Vicki* said...

Wow, I absolutely love this storage idea Chrissy! What a fabulous way to recycle those boxes and you've even decorated them up so beautifully! What a nice item to have displayed on your desk too! Wonderful idea!

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com