Followers

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

FUN FOLD..DT

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to April and a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon  and the lovely Brenda is hostess and her call is "Fancy Fold "..and you know what, I can get pretty used to this, there seems to be fancy folds all over the place, and I'm doing it..


scoring with still no idea what I'm doing..


But ended up with this..


and it worked, so can happily announce, I made a gate fold card..


Left overs, why not..


Couture Creations papers, based on Alice in Wonderland..


gosh, had these for years..


Making a circle..


Stamping onto said circle..


Gluing panels onto panels..


Tiny little white resin roses, soooo tiny.


Two stamped sentiments..


and roses through the middle..


Oh!..I forgot I messed up first time so adding here a half circle to cover it..


Did some fussy cutting and inking the edges..


Flowers too..


I like the front...then...


Can you see it, can you tell, I can, and I need to fix it..


So, I made an ephemera embellishment.


and popped it on top..phew..


Then just kept going....cutting strips and gluing them all over the edges, it makes 
it looks like there is so many more layers then there is..



The front...


and inside..


the mini card left over..


with a clock face closure..






They go together nicely..


and there we go..


So do come on over and play HERE   

Thank you so much for stopping by...
I'll see you later on with DT #2..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Beautiful Blossoms   [ anything Floral - optional mood board ]

Mix it up Challenge    [ Fancy Fold]

The Crafting Challenge  [ anything goes]







19 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chrissy not only are your posts full of inspiration, beauty and amazing design qualities they are also so whimsical for the life of me I could not see your mistake so had to click on the picture I just burst out laughing, I think, no I know, that my eyes need testing they are getting so bad, Chrissy this is so beautiful I love the gatefold design those papers are lush I love all those wonderful elements that you add, the sentiment is great so is the added bonus of that tiny card absolutely brilliant
hugs
lolo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous design, you mind must be full of fancy folds and mini roses and whatever, my mind seems to be empty just now! hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous fun fold card Chrissy! I love the vintage style and images with your papers too! I'd say you nailed the challenge perfectly! Well done!

Margreet said...

Beautiful folded card Chrissy.
xxx Margreet

Kate said...

Awesome project, Chrissy!! I love your papers and how you used the Alice theme throughout. And the extra little mini is a wonderful way to use the leftovers. Beautiful card, inside and out!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful card Chrissy and great design...........gr karin

Paperesse said...

You have definitely put the 'fancy' in fancy folds, Chrissy! This is one gorgeous card, bravo.

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy and I thought the upside down teapot was fab, it looked like it was falling down the rabbir hole!! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fancy fold Chrissy-be warned they are very addictive lol.Love the beautiful papers and your mini card too.
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely gorgeous, even though you say you didn't know what you were doing. And I jus thought the teapot was supposed to be like that, but great save nevertheless. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely cards soon.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenges
The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog

aussie aNNie said...

Fun fabulous and exquisitely designed.. btw I though the upside down teapot inside the card was a brilliant idea with the sentiment xx

Janette said...

Very fancy indeed Chrissy, what a beauty and the mini one is so cute, I suppose it could be added as a tag to a gift is needed, its gorgeous. xx

Chris said...

Your gatefold card is gorgeous Chrissy- love those papers, so whimsical and pretty. Great way to cover up the upside down teapot although I kind of liked it! I love the way you added all the little strips, it's so effective. xx

JanR said...

A big card and a mini card - you go, girl! (: Both are delightful and I love that you showed us the oopsie and the fix.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous gatefold, I just love those papers and the flowers are gorgeous around the circles both outside and inside!

Imke said...

Fabulous fold card, Chrissy. I fell in love with the DP !

Imke ~ "MY CRAFTY PLACE

pinky said...

Wow you are a natural with fun folds now Chrissy. I love this gorgeous card and it's mini sister! Great save inside too lol.

Brenda said...

Amazing card, Chrissy. I love the papers you have used and you are so right, the strips give it the feeling of layers. Gorgeous!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Always enjoy your commentary, Chrisyy and what a fabulous card with so many wonderful details.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT